LegacyGT.com

new to subaru's.

Ok so I got my first subaru. Its a 98 legacy outback, 5 speed I love it. clean body but really rusty like on the headers and some other stuff on/around the engine. i really want to do mods that will give me better mpg for now so any help would be great.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

thanks, what about aftermarket head lights and tail lights and bumpers and stuff like that? I've been looking but cant find anything for my car. I've heard and read that i can use stuff from other Subarus but not sure what i can and cant use.

Headlights you can get

BD Legacy JDM Projector Lights (Much better light output and looks mean)

BD Legacy JDM Rear Tails (From what I can tell they are white where the USDM amber parts are)

Bumper well you have some options but the OB bumper is a good bumper.

ok. is it possible for me to take the gray part out of the front bumper and fill it in with like fiberglass? Cause i cant stand that bump on the front. lol i would of course leave my fog lights.

i've been looking I was just hoping i could get more details on where to look and stuff like that. I'm noob to doin this stuff. The only other car i've had was a chev lumina.

It would look really funny. So you may actually want to find your self another bumper. There are some options but most are JDM and will cost you a lot in shipping to get to you.

You will need the bumper beam as well with whatever bumper you want.

Ok changing the subject. I've got some rust problems. Like the bolts holdin my headers on are rusted. so lil worried bout trying to change it out. Anyone else have problems like that?

• I Donated
the thing that the fog lights are in is what i wanna get rid of is it possible?

Its all one piece. You would have to cut it out and do some fiberglass work. If you're an amature, its probably better that you don't tackle a project like that.

You can buy any 95 - 99 Legacy bumper. There are 3 different bumpers. The GT, the L, and the Outback (your bumper). The L doesn't have fog lights in it, so the GT bumper would probably be best for you. To switch the bumper, you will need the bumper cover (visible part) and the beam behind it. Here is a picture of the GT bumper

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/163700_495277243325_605068325_5941942_1020965_n.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/IMAG0333.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/Untitled-1-5.jpg

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
You can't chip your ECU. The only option there is to run a piggy back system like Cobb AP or something of the likes. Then have it dyno tuned. Have the tuner tune for fuel economy. You will lose a lot of the cars power doing that, but you will get good gas mileage lol

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

I'm going to. I plan on getting cold air intake and all of those things. But I just got the car this weekend from my dad. Who hasn't gotten a new car and still drives it to work, I wrecked my first car. And my dad offered to let me buy this from him with the money i got. so i jumped on it. cause i couldn't find a car i liked anywhere. And i like wagons. lol.

Archived