LegacyGT.com

06 Legacy remote wire factory HU.. question

BChaps860

Hey just a quick question, I am setting up a sub and amp to my factory HU for now and I was just wondering, where is the remote wire on the back of the HU? What color is it? By the way this is my first time setting up an amp and sub. So please excuse my dumb questions. I'm a noob at this stuff :lol: Thanks in advance.

There is no great factory option. The remote wire on the factory head unit is only powered when the radio is on (not the CD player, etc.) because it's for the antenna.

I used the switched 12+ power wire which is powered when the key is in the accessory or on position. the downside to this is that if you shut off the head unit for whatever reason, your amp still stays on.

Check out this site for wire colors: http://ae64.com/Legacy-pinout.htm. I used pin #10.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

There is no great factory option. The remote wire on the factory head unit is only powered when the radio is on (not the CD player, etc.) because it's for the antenna.

I used the switched 12+ power wire which is powered when the key is in the accessory or on position. the downside to this is that if you shut off the head unit for whatever reason, your amp still stays on.

Check out this site for wire colors: http://ae64.com/Legacy-pinout.htm. I used pin #10.

Hey thanks. I got it all setup and working. Thank you for the reply. The stock HU is only temporary. When I save a little more money up then i'll get an aftermarker HU. That should be much easier to connect everything to, no?

it will make it some what easier, not by much..

ive herd plenty of cars with stock decks that sound amazing....check out the Audio Control aftermarket processors for factory integration of aftermarket systems..

im pretty sure their is at least 1 wire behind the deck that can be used as a remote wire...can be something not connected to the radio harness..

i gotta check

Archived