LegacyGT.com

Break grind?

So after a few weeks with my car, I'm noticing that the front brakes sound like they're grinding when coming to a lighter stop. Not so much when I brake a little harder, but when stoping from slower speeds. It's definitely noticible inside, not sure from the outside tho.

I'm not the MOST technical when it comes to brakes, but I bought some new pads. When my roommate and I (he's much more savvy at this than I) took my front-driver side wheel off, the pads look near new?!

I don't feel much for vibration in the pedal, but I definitely hear the noise. Any ideas as to what this could/should be? The rotors look good. I've had the car for about 1500 miles, and I bought it with 52k, so I really don't have too much history on it.

I also don't want to pay anyone a bunch just to "Look" at them.

Thanks for any and all assistance/suggestion.

:spin:

If it happens with the brake pedal pressed, the pads are not worn and the rotors are not grooved, then it is most likely squeel. If the rotors are grooved, then check the pads, either they don't have enough material left or something is stuck between it and the rotor. Remember to check both sides of the rotors and pads, you need to take the rotors off or stick your head back there.

If it happens without pressing the brake pedal, then you might have a wheel bearing going bad.

I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Archived