LegacyGT.com

Steering wheel hard to turn

Has anybody had an issue with their power steering? My 07' steering wheel is begining to become difficult to turn. Any ideas? I checked the fluid level and the belt and they are both o.k. Hopefully it is not the pump or rack. Any idea if Subaru covers this under the power-train warranty?

Take it to the dealership. I had an issue with my power steering when I only had like 12k miles on it... heh the guy at the dealership asked if I ever checked the PS fluid because something was screwed up... I said no because I shouldn't have to check it with only 12k miles on it... they replaced whatever parts needed replacing for free. my issue was intermittent power steering... like it was on then turn a bit and it would cut out... then come back... very weird trying to drive it like that. if your under warranty still, go get it fixed for free.

• 2 months later...

Clod, did you ever get your ps fix? I experience the same issue today, at low speed, i basically have no power steering (after getting my car back from a body shop, i had a rear end damage). I checked the ps fluid, it's at max and the belt looks fine also.

Anyone know what the powertrain warranty is? I had my car since June 2007 with 30K on it....

I think this is caused by air bubbles in the system. It can be burped by taking the cap off, filling the power steering, then starting the car and turning the wheel from left to right about 4-5 times each. Make sure the fluid level stays topped off. Check for leaks in the system also.

Archived