LegacyGT.com

Legacy Sensor Values?

Hey guys, I drive a Subaru Legacy IV SW 2.0i 16V, 138hp. Recently I bought an OBD II Scanner and I used it to see and write the values of the various sensors around the car. The problem is that I don’t have the correct, factory values, so I can’t tell whether they are spot on or slightly off. I would really appreciate it if anyone pointed me in the right direction – a link to a website or a program, anything. In case you are wondering these are my readings:

Air to fuel ratio - 14.54:1; Engine load - 2.0%; Intake pressure - 3.6psi; Intake air temperature – 133 ̊ F; Volumetric Efficiency - 58%; MAF - 1.7 g/s; Timing advance - 13 degrees; Revs - 650 RPM; Coolant – 196 ̊ F; Vacuum - 22.5 in/Hg.

I have been searching the Internet for 3 hours straight and I found nothing.

Are you trying to troubleshoot a problem? Or is this like trainspotting...

No, i just want to find some reference data from those sensors so if or rather when something goes wrong i can identify the problem. That's all. But so far i got nothing. Also i want to see how close my readings get to the ideal ones.

All of those values are going to change depending on numerous conditions... idle, driving, full-throttle, cold, hot, muggy, high elevation, in traffic, on the highway, etc.... For idle those numbers look about right.

None of those numbers are "factory" values (you could argue the timing is, but again, that will change depending on conditions). Those are all real-time values that will change based on the current running conditions of the car.

See if you can find the factory service manual, you can get them in PDF form which makes it easy to search. The FSM has diagnostic procedures for most issues and tells you what are the normal ranges for these things.

Our version of the Legacy in the U.S. uses the 2.5 motor so not quite the same as yours. You can see our "vacation pix" here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/vacation-pix-171435.html

See if you can find the factory service manual, you can get them in PDF form which makes it easy to search. The FSM has diagnostic procedures for most issues and tells you what are the normal ranges for these things.

Our version of the Legacy in the U.S. uses the 2.5 motor so not quite the same as yours. You can see our "vacation pix" here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/vacation-pix-171435.html

I quickly went through the "2005" vacation pix and i can already see that some things are the same. For example the Revs are at 650RPM and the Ignition Timing is at 13 degrees. I will go through the whole file carefully. Thank you!

Archived