LegacyGT.com

new transmission needed

my 06 spec b's tranny is done. Unfortunatly i dont think my extended warranty will cover this, but im goin to try. so im probably gonna have to replace it myself, which really sucks. Im wondering whats the best way to go about this. And im wondering if the spec b's tranny is the same as the 2.5 gt, pretty sure it is. Anyway, if someone out there has one for sale let me kno, and any advise would be good

That's the problem with a Stealership, They want to take the easy way out. Tell you it's not covered and take your money.

You don't need a whole new transmission. As long as the cases are not broke, it's rebuild able. Ask them if they are going to cover the cost. If not, take the car to a good tranny shop.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That's the problem with a Stealership, They want to take the easy way out. Tell you it's not covered and take your money.

You don't need a whole new transmission. As long as the cases are not broke, it's rebuild able. Ask them if they are going to cover the cost. If not, take the car to a good tranny shop.

+1, ask what exactly is wrong. Unless you can get it covered by a warranty. If you can, then yeah, get a whole new trans on subaru. Oh and sorry for the bad news.... Hope you can get it covered.

Isn't this kind of issue where the extended warranty comes in? Why would they deny it?

exactly!!! but there giving me a hard time because i jus got the extended warranty like a month ago and they think that the problem is pre-exsisting. Im gonna call them on monday

exactly!!! but there giving me a hard time because i jus got the extended warranty like a month ago and they think that the problem is pre-exsisting. Im gonna call them on monday

Even if that was the case....how would they be able to prove it? It's not like they inspect the car before they sell you the extended warranty. I can't see any reason why they shouldn't cover it. If the dealer gives you a hard time, get SOA involved.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Archived