LegacyGT.com

A new Jiffy Lube Horror Story

omnicron

Well..... I was in a rush and needed a oil change...

I had my own OEM filter... I had to get to Sacramento by 3pm so I figured...

Get a quick oil change and head up to Sacramento.. How hard can it be? It is just an oil change.. I will watch the Jiffy Lube clowns and make sure they don't mess it up.

Oil change was done and everything was good. I was off to pay and they went to drive the car out of the service lane.

THEY RIPPED OFF THE BUMPER AND THE EXHAUST FROM THE CAR!

The service "tech" was revving the car since it would not move and something was stuck UNTIL it moved and ripped off the exhaust and bumper!!!!!!

IDIOT!

Long story short.. Got the exhaust fixed that morning... BUT he wants to fix the bumper so I am battling him over that.. I did not have a repaired bumper on the car before and I doubt it would last since they RIPPED EVERY SUPPORT HOLE on the bumper.

I broke my cardinal rule and used a Jiffy Lube.... BAD BAD BAD.

How bad can it be? This bad..

IMG00138-20101022-0756.thumb.jpg.1d29a2a12a7227c724ec6efb46d7cacf.jpg

IMG00139-20101022-0756.thumb.jpg.e69a8553b9f5f9883ab43e57fd9d03dd.jpg

IMG00141-20101022-0807.thumb.jpg.5e3b3f6e4860ce39f7707ac4ecd7adfa.jpg

IMG00140-20101022-0807.thumb.jpg.eb11ed6ccea5cc7bcb45cd2e33048b06.jpg

IMG00144-20101022-0836.thumb.jpg.8e0f365f84178e83508314c6559a7e02.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that Oscar (on the left)from the office in the first picture haha

Sorry to hear about this. I only got my beaters oil changed at places like this...I care too much about my legacy to trust anyone but myself. Plus I can bash my own head in if I mess things up. Much easier from the legal standpoint lol.

I haven't been to Jiffy Lube for years. Normally I would just do the oil change and use the lift at my buddies shop but I found out only 30 mins earlier that I had to drive to Sacramento and I was pushing the OCI as it was so I did not want o take such a long trip without one.

Wow. What idiots. This is exactly why nobody touches my cars! Last time they changed oil on my friends car, they didn't use a crush washer and they always over-torque the bolt and the oil filter.

That is exactly what they did to my Honda back in the day when I didn't know any better. They ended up stripping the threads on the oil pan. I had to get a new pan and I never went back to a quick lube shop. I just pay the small premium to have the dealer do it.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

I just saw this thread about an hour ago, then saw you get off El Toro as I went to get food. Terrible man, make him replace it asap!

I am working on it.

I have a claim in with my ins and they have contacted the owner Habib Habib.

He BOUGHT a bumper (who knows from where) for me.. I told HIM NO.. I am taking to a shop. I have three estimates for around $750 each installed painted and new support hardware.

He does not understand... Now he is mad since he just wanted his friend "Mr. Cruz" who has a taco stand and a body shop to take care of it. He wrote "body shop" on the back of the Taco Stand card and gave it to me..

I am in Orange and this was in Alhambra area... I still cant figure out exactly HOW the guy did what he did. I think when the car could not move from the lane and it was stuck he started really pushing it until it bent and pulled out the exhaust along with the bumper... IDIOT... that is all I can say..

I am sure for the next few days I will get noticed a lot now. Cops pull up behind me and follow me for miles... kinda weird...

I am working on it.

I have a claim in with my ins and they have contacted the owner Habib Habib.

He BOUGHT a bumper (who knows from where) for me.. I told HIM NO.. I am taking to a shop. I have three estimates for around $750 each installed painted and new support hardware.

He does not understand... Now he is mad since he just wanted his friend "Mr. Cruz" who has a taco stand and a body shop to take care of it. He wrote "body shop" on the back of the Taco Stand card and gave it to me..

I am in Orange and this was in Alhambra area... I still cant figure out exactly HOW the guy did what he did. I think when the car could not move from the lane and it was stuck he started really pushing it until it bent and pulled out the exhaust along with the bumper... IDIOT... that is all I can say..

I am sure for the next few days I will get noticed a lot now. Cops pull up behind me and follow me for miles... kinda weird...

Calm down and screw Mr. Habib Habib.

You are not required to use his "friend'"

Do not contact or talk to MR. Habib Habib from now on.

You should also send a registered letter to Jiffy Lube, detailing your problems.

While this will make no difference in terms of the repair (you and your insurance company control that) you might get some extra compensation for your grief.;)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Any damage to the exhaust?

It BENT the exhaust at the sleeve point right at the Y pipes. We got that fixed so I could at least drive the car to Sacramento. Mr Habib paid for that... $40... Seems to be fine. Had to put out a few feet of 3 inch to the y pipe and make a couple of bends.. I am watching it to make sure it is ok BUT the exhaust shop we found wont give me a receipt...

I am lucky though.. other people who have used Jiffy Lube get blown engines..%20Dan%20in%20Arlington,%20VA%20%20Destroyed%20Engine"]http://www.jiffylubeproblems.com/Experiences1601-1625.htm#\[1604\]%20Dan%20in%20Arlington,%20VA%20%20Destroyed%20Engine

It will be fixed and life be fine. I wonder how the happy the BAR will be be when they find out that Mr. Habib is operating under a different name than what is on the service orders, invoices and notices.

another reason why not to go to the clowns at jiffy lube, i learned my lesson from my dad when he took the family van to jiffy lube a couple years ago right before we drove it down to florida (i live in the northeast) for a quick oil change and those clows cross threaded one of the bolts on the oil pan and it started leaking half way through the ride down... we took it to the dealer to fix it then we took the bill to jiffy lube and they reimbursed us... good luck man, dont let these dickheads bully you around by trying to get you to use the taco auto body shop

It BENT the exhaust at the sleeve point right at the Y pipes. We got that fixed so I could at least drive the car to Sacramento. Mr Habib paid for that... $40... Seems to be fine. Had to put out a few feet of 3 inch to the y pipe and make a couple of bends.. I am watching it to make sure it is ok BUT the exhaust shop we found wont give me a receipt...

I am lucky though.. other people who have used Jiffy Lube get blown engines..%20Dan%20in%20Arlington,%20VA%20%20Destroyed%20Engine"]http://www.jiffylubeproblems.com/Experiences1601-1625.htm#\[1604\]%20Dan%20in%20Arlington,%20VA%20%20Destroyed%20Engine

It will be fixed and life be fine. I wonder how the happy the BAR will be be when they find out that Mr. Habib is operating under a different name than what is on the service orders, invoices and notices.

Damn i feel bad for you, but it really is a common knowledge to avoid jiffy lubes at all cost. You should take your car to a shop and examine for any leak from the turbo all the way back to the muffler and also check all connections. Take it to msprank, he does good work. Make Habib pay for the inspection too! Mang, I can't believe these jiffylubes still exists, every time i see one i have to speed right pass'em cuz I'm afraid if i get too close for too long, my car will explode and loose change disappear!!!

My wife used to take her Baja to Jiffy Lube for oil changes... I had some time to do her oil myself and I had to use a damn breaker bar to get the drain plug to break loose! Now I have to torque down the drain plug A LOT more than I should have to get it to seal. I don't even take my cars to the dealership for anything (unless it's under warranty) after they f*cked up her clutch/flywheel install on her LGT and they also f*cked up putting her TMIC back on in the process. Can't trust anybody to do a legit job these days... I've been doing all my own maintenance/installs ever since.

Archived