LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

ATTENTION: MY UNIT AS BEEN TESTED FUNCTIONAL IN 05-06 IMPREZA, WRX AND STI WITH THE 6 CD's CHANGER.

UPDATE AUGUST 11 2015: NEW LOWER PRICE 100$ CAD for all orders! Boards are now in stock ready to ship!

Hi everyone!

For those of you who read this post http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112589, you already know what I'm talking about. For those who didn't read it, go ahead and read! :rolleyes:

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/974/20090611001o.jpg

The aux in card have to be installed into the OEM Impreza, WRX, STI or Legacy 05 06 radio. It may also work on Forester 6 cd's radio, still not tested. The features are:

- Connect to your mp3 with a 1/8" stereo audio connector (headphone style)

- No silent cd needed

- You only have to solder one wire onto the radio pc board

- Uses the flat cable of the cd changer

- The aux in activates itself when music is detected.

- A remote switch can be used to set the aux in On, Off or Auto

- No ground loop isolator is needed

- OEM radio 100% functional after the installation of the aux in board

- All the bass, mid, treble, fader and balance adjustments are working while in aux mode.

- Excellent sound quality (as good as the oem cd player)

English installation manuals are there, as well as a Paypal link for ordering -> http://sites.google.com/site/leptronix/

Here's what included in the kit:

- The aux board (of course!)

- Remote switch with 6 foot cable

- Ty-rap to secure the cables

Price: 100$ CAD, shipped anywhere in North America

DISCLAMER

No responsibility can be carried against me or Leptronix in the case of damage to anything that what was caused or not by the installation of my aux in board. All the bards are tested before installation and they are consequently regarded as functional. Be conscious that the installation requires much disassembling and requires to make modifications to the oem radio. If you doubt your capacity, do not undertake the installation of this device, ask for helps or have it install by someone qualified.

Edited by RedFloyd
Price decrease

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get a US$ price since most of us are in the US.

The us price will vary with currency exchange rates. Rigth now, 100$ CAN is equivalent to 87$ USD. If you want, I can sell you your unit for 100$ USD :lol: Deal? :lol:

I sent a pm to Tide, and he told me it was not necessary for me to have a vendor status because it's still a homemade thing. I can have the vendor status, but I will have to charge you back the cost of it. So, what do you prefer?

The basic vendor status cost 70$ US for 3 months. So maybe a 5$ US cost per board should be reasonnable. But I don't see what's your advantage for me to have a vendor status, since you have to pay it back???

I would prefer to be a donator and then, no fee will be added to the cost of the module.

Ok, then I will apply for vendor status. This thread will have to be moved to the vendors forum.

The price of one unit will become 90$ US + shipping (usually around 10$). The price may vary with current rate exchange.

If everyone agree to that, I will be happy to give you peace of mind :redface:

I'm confident that my product is quality. Electronic R&D was my main work for years, then I started my little company. All the electronic parts I used in the aux in board are automotive or industrial rated.

All the bard are tested before shipping. If you should have a problem with one of them, I will do my best to help you. I just cannot give you money back, but if you got a defective board, I will send you a new one.

So, I think it's better for me not to buy the vendor status, as I don't see any real advantages. I will pay my contribution to the forum tough. So the price will stay at 100$ CAN.

Okay, back to the real thing! I installed one board in a 2006 legacy single cd player. It happen the it's need to have a cd in the player for the aux in to work. But it can be any type of cd, no need for silent cd. Also, I should have en english version of manual soon.

Don't hesite to ask questions!

Regards,

Sebastien

Sebastien, a few questions.

1) So once the board is installed and as long as the switch is on 'Auto' or 'On' whatever is playing over the aux-in will play? Basically, all I listen to is my iPod, so I want to hear that whenever I start the car without having to press ANY buttons.

2) Does the unit actually switch the sources? i.e. If I am listening to the radio and start playing something over the aux-in does the radio stop playing, or do you get both sources unless you switch the headunit to CD or something?

3) Is the remote switch removable? If it's removed what 'mode' (Auto/On/Off) is the aux-in unit in?

4) Is there a signup list for ordering? What's the process?

Sorry if some of this is in the french manual :)

Edited by leftride

Leftride, your questions are answered below:

Sebastien, a few questions.

1) So once the board is installed and as long as the switch is on 'Auto' or 'On' whatever is playing over the aux-in will play? Basically, all I listen to is my iPod, so I want to hear that whenever I start the car without having to press ANY buttons. Just leave the switch at "ON", then the aux in will be activated when you power up the radio.

2) Does the unit actually switch the sources? i.e. If I am listening to the radio and start playing something over the aux-in does the radio stop playing, or do you get both sources unless you switch the headunit to CD or something? The unit effectively switch the sources. So if your listening to the radio (am of fm, doesn't matter) with the switch set to "auto", when audio is detected onto the aux in, the unit shuts the radio and start playing the aux input. Same thing if your listening to a cd, the cd will be muted, then the unit will start playing the aux input., but the cd will conitnu to play inside the radio.

3) Is the remote switch removable? If it's removed what 'mode' (Auto/On/Off) is the aux-in unit in? Yes the switch is removable. The design is made such that the switch is optional. So when the switch is not connected, the unit operate in "auto" mode. I suggest you to install the switch because it gives you more control over the device.

4) Is there a signup list for ordering? What's the process? For now, I'm trying to do a first come first serve. The next production date is due 17th of July, and I'm planing on building 5 units a week. So if you want one, send me a pm, I'll put you on the list!

Sorry if some of this is in the french manual :) I think I should do a kind of FAQ in this guide as well

As for the english manual, it should not be too long before I have it. I know it is not the best for you folks to have it in french only, but I though it was better then nothing for now.

Also, please be kind if I do not respond immediately to your messages. I pretty busy currently with my main job, so I do my best!

Also, for the ipod resquests, I'm not planning on doing a recharge cable or whatever for now. Maybe I will include that in the next design. What I can suggest is:

- Use a standard 12V outlet regarging device for you ipod while listening it through the phone connector.

- Use a docking station to have access to the line out of the Ipod. But I don't think the quality will be better this way.

It may help some of you to know that the unit is shipped with a male to male 1/8" phono cable, but that cable can be changed to whatever you want. Per example, you can use a cable with a 1/8" male at one end and two RCA's connectors (red and white) to the other. I don't know if it's availlable, but you could use a cable with 1/8" at one end and a ipod connector on the other end. That way you will have access to the line out of the ipod, but you will not recharge your ipod while playing.