LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let you guys know, the product arrived within a week of paying. I installed it yesterday and everything went great. It took about 3.5 hours to do by myself. For those thinking about doing it you should it is awesome! A word of advice do not buy the biggest (widest) cable because spaces can be a little tight within the radio.

I finally got around to installing mine last weekend.

The hardest part is the soldiering of the ground loop. I eventually got it to work with the existing soldier from the circuit board and some electrical tape.

Everything works and sounds great. The only thing i have to do is mount the switch. For now it's hanging out in the armrest.

It's great that everyone seems to be happy with their installation! I am still asked questions about if I am making these boards and many peoples are interested of buying a unit. So I finally decided to order more pcb's and parts to build new units.

I will have new units in stock, ready to ship, within 2 weeks, so please don't hesitate to place your order!

There will be more buying option:

- Full kit including remote switch and 3.5mm male-male AUDIO CABLE

- Kit including remote switch but no audio cable

- Kit including audio cable but no remote switch (aka the unit will only work in auto mode)

- Kit including the board only (no audio cable and no remote cable)

Pricing will be adjusted in consequence.

Regards,

Sebastien

Edited by RedFloyd

Just wanted to say "Merci Beaucoup" again! Mine works great and it's been almost a year since I put it in.

One question though: Which types of switches would work if I want to replace my current one with a smaller one? I kind of grilled into pocket under the armrest and I just got a replacement to make it look nicer. Do you have any recommendations?

Edited by alphatarget1

Just wanted to say "Merci Beaucoup" again! Mine works great and it's been almost a year since I put it in.

One question though: Which types of switches would work if I want to replace my current one with a smaller one? I kind of grilled into pocket under the armrest and I just got a replacement to make it look nicer. Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you to have been one of first to trust my design!

You can use any type of SPDT switch (standard from C switch). Make shure that it is a on-off-on type. Have a look at http://www.digikey.com!

Just got my aux-in today! Very happy, and this looks to be a very high quality and well thought out part. Thanks Sebastien.

Here's some pictures of my install - I plan on installing the Aux jack right onto the faceplate of the radio. I should be done by tonight. Time to crack out the dremel!

SNC00317.thumb.jpg.4d92ad778ac65b05fd5a3eea11cf4a0d.jpg

SNC00316.thumb.jpg.74cf76df752958af547e984f960ca2d5.jpg

SNC00315.thumb.jpg.2340865207d963fd224fa9442bc768b6.jpg

New boards are in stock. I am only waiting after the remote and audio cables to arrive (should arrive this week). However, please don't hesitate to submit your order right now for those of you that are waiting.

You will see that I added more buying options on my web page. There is the option of buying the module without the remote cable. I offer it even if I do not recommend to let the module always in auto mode. However, this may be useful for particular setup. Don't hesitate to contact me if you don't know which option to choose.

https://sites.google.com/site/leptronix/

Thank you everyone!