LegacyGT.com

Development study: JDM bezel conversion.

HighlineCA

if i remember correctly, most audi's use metric on their hvac's and there are boatloads of them here in the chi! clearly not that big of a deal for the masses! plus, remember the days of manual hvac's- you know when there was a slider bar for the temp; we all made due with that, just use the display as a range from hot to cold! no biggie!

and highline, as for that gap- i luv the attention to detail, but are you serious? i have a bigger gap in the shifter bezel to the stock hu! i went to the dealer to get it fixed twice now without resolve! plus even the 08's have a slight gap in the shifter bezel on the 5mt's!! as long as the power to the hvac controls is adressed i'm there! i miss having the option/choice of a well-designed after-market hu!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pricing - It will take us a few hours to add in the wiring needed and refinish the bezel. We are hoping Japanparts.com will give us some sort of wholesale pricing on the units. As it stands, this is what is bare essentials needed for this mod: JDM controller $300, USDM radio $100. We are not sure what the final cost will be. the big plus is, no Groupbuy needed, and we will stock them.

Thank for everyone for your interest in our products. We are here to provide over the top customization and service for everyone. If there is a custom project you have in mind, please contact us via pm/text/call/email.

Thanks again,

Rich @ HCA

Rich;

believe we have already touched bases on this; email me if you need to followup

gware@japanparts.com

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1479830

Link above is to a RHD conversion....

Graham Ware

Export Manager

JapanpartsLLC

looks like all the ducks are lining up in formation!

rich, when you figure out the wiring, you own the market! no1 else offers anything close to a solution like this! i can't wait to see the results!

erick

If I buy a LGT, and I probably will, I will be all over this. I will refuse to give up my Eclipse 8445. 8volt preouts, time alignment, and cross overs are that important to me :)

If for some reason the 8445 doesnt cut it, we have 2 MINT CD8053s just chillin in their box. Roughly $500/ea shipped :)

easton - Still working on the circuitboard. Stay tuned!

Graham - Yes we have been in contact. We are hoping for a better price if possible.. want to keep this within marketing range. Please let me know if there is anything you can do.

2sexz - Thanks for your comments!

More info will be posted as it comes. Till then.. stay tuned!

Rich @ HCA

• 2 weeks later...
If for some reason the 8445 doesnt cut it, we have 2 MINT CD8053s just chillin in their box. Roughly $500/ea shipped :)

easton - Still working on the circuitboard. Stay tuned!

Graham - Yes we have been in contact. We are hoping for a better price if possible.. want to keep this within marketing range. Please let me know if there is anything you can do.

2sexz - Thanks for your comments!

More info will be posted as it comes. Till then.. stay tuned!

Rich @ HCA

Mmmmmm, don't tempt me...I'm saving up money for a LGT!

+1 for this mod. I have been slowly saving for the full conversion mod but if I can get this for cheaper and sooner I am soooooooo gonna do that.

Currently have a double din in place of my cubby dut I dont really like the placement and would love to get rid of my useless radio and get my cubby back.

lazy subscribe. I would love this. Good thing I got the 07 HU. I have my spare 06 HU sitting on a shelf. I could send it you you, you can convert it, paint it JDM color, relocate the hazard button to JDM location (if possible) and it be double din and send some extra paint so I can paint the shifter plate to match. If that happens, my life would just about be complete... well, not quite, but close :D. hehe.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Hey highline do you have any use for a JDM single zone, i bought it in hopes of using it in my 05 and since it has been sitting in my garage :)
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

We do not. Although if you are willing to send it to us for the purpose of study, we will be more than willing to accept it (and of course return it once we are done).

It may be possible to use a single climate in a dual car. We havent had that customer walk in the door, so we havent been able to try it.

Rich @ HCA

I've not been on here enough to know the answer to this question so I'm going to ask...

I notice that the 2.5i guys don't have this little problem with using an aftermarket headunit like we do. They have separate climate controls and can run an aftermarket single din just fine. Can the LGT not use those same separate controls from the 2.5i and just throw a headunit in?

I've not been on here enough to know the answer to this question so I'm going to ask...

I notice that the 2.5i guys don't have this little problem with using an aftermarket headunit like we do. They have separate climate controls and can run an aftermarket single din just fine. Can the LGT not use those same separate controls from the 2.5i and just throw a headunit in?

Sadly no the LGT has a dual zone climate control system and 2.5i uses a differant system so they are not compatible.

Subscribed! :)

I've been lurking around the forums looking for an option like this for years (I have an '05 XT).

Finally broke down and got a hardwired FM modulator a few months ago (not being able to use the iPod on road trips was killing me), but I'd still go for a proper double-DIN mount if the price is right.

Highline- Understand just how MANY of these you would sell if you can get one of these under $500. I recommend you figure it out. :) You could then sell them on ebay and take your biz to the next level.

And if possible, if he can do it for under $250, I would be even more would buy them. But seing how much the JDM units are, highly dought it.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Oh yes who, we clearly know the potential. Its coming everyone. Just gotta be patient :).

legg - It is possible one day. We'll see what happens.

dip - No new news yet.

tdogg - Sure. Full package? - you provide the screen, we'll handle the rest? Let me know and I can better quote you.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

tdogg - Sure. Full package? - you provide the screen, we'll handle the rest? Let me know and I can better quote you.

So you can do something like this? Perhaps see if there is anyone else interested? All I would need is the bezel and I can go to my own shop and have them install everything there. Apparently Kenwood came out with a unit that will work with stock equipment, but I'll need to replace the screen in order to access some of the features such as Bluetooth, as opposed to having to use a remote.