LegacyGT.com

Over the weeks ive been replacing and upgrading parts on my Legacy. Just finished up new suspension and that damned clunk is still there. Thought is was a strut mount but the OEM mounts are in perfect shape after replacing and inspection.

So I thought it may be be FSB endlinks making the clunk but this clunk is firmly under my left foot and very loud and intense. After a drive to settle the new suspension thru the city of Richmond (cobbles) the clunk became way worse like with the window down sounds like two piece of metal smacking each other :eek:

Looking at that bushing in question I see a distinct rip around the inner metal sleeve. So....

Parts:

LCA rear bushing x2

LCA front bushing x2

Lower ball joint x2

FSB endlinks x2

All for $140 shipped from FredBeansParts (I had a 10% off coupon) Should arrive Tuesday and will do the install Wed or Thurs will have a brief write up as this process isnt too difficult. I have access to a press but I have an idea for a LCA rear puller in mind that I may test :spin:

New parts installed and clunk is gone! Steering is firm and sharp again :)

Both LCA were shot but the driver more so than the passenger side. Dropping the arms isnt that difficult the only thing I had to force out was the ball joint and all i did was place a 8" 1/2 inch drive extension on the endlink mount and hit is a few times with a 2lb hammer.

Pressed the bushings in with a 12 ton HF press making sure to lube the sleeves up good with anti-seize. Took 15 to drop the arms per side and about an hour for pressing the bushing out and back in then 30 min to reassemble each side. Not a bad job save $$$$ by doing it at home.

Alternatively one could drop but arms and run to your local shop to have them pressed out/in for cheap!

Archived