LegacyGT.com

ACC flashing: I need help!!

firedawgs

[color=red]So, I get the Dumb A$$ award. It rained hard today; like 2". I go outside after work, yeah all four windows were cracked opened; water everywhere. Anyways, I was using a towel to dry it out and noticed that the center display (temp, gas mileage, etc.) is flashing "ACC" and the "Pass Air Bag" light is on also. I mean the lights are flashing and staying on with the car off. Does anyone know what the problem is? The closet dealer to me is 2 hours away too.[/color]

Hmm sorry to hear about this, not sure what the actual problem would be but the water sounds like it has gotten into yr fuse box and into the electrical system. Dont disconnect ANYTHING, try and dry everything as much as you possible can. Dont ring the dealer straight away as it may cost you more in the long term if you tell them what has happened. Dry everything, see how it all goes and maybe later today or tmrw give them a call and say you have a few faults. Hope everything turns out for the best. Let us know how you go. Adam.

Update: I dropped the Subie off at the dealer. After 4 hours of waiting the techinicans are bewildered. The tech even called SOA and spoken with a senior tech there. No problem has been reported to SOA regarding the problem I am having. Tomorrow the dealer is calling one of the engineers at SOA to see if they can shed some light on the problem. So the problems I am having: -The passanger air bag light stays light with "ACC" flashing on the center display -The speedometer is inop at times with 'ERR SP" displayed in the odometer display I post again when I get answers

Thanks for the update firedawgs. Im sure its pretty hard to also come here and post that sort of information but it sounds like they are pulling out all stops to try and fix it. Hope the results come sooner than later. All the best with it. Adam.

OK, Final update. The dealer called today. After a week of having my car. The were torn to blame the problem on my XM radio causing the problem. But, I replied to them and told them to reconnect the XM radio, see if the error code come back on. The problem they were saying it was, was that the XM radio FM modulator was causing the Tire Pressure system to read wrong codes. I told them to give me the frequency that the tire pressure system works off of. I don't see why Subaru would use the same frequency as a common FM radio; the XM radio runs off of 1 of 4 FM frequencies; currently being 107.1. Anyways, after they hooked back the XM radio, no codes came about. SOA finally called my dealer and told them that there was no fault. My dealer is picking up my car rental bill, and recording the error coding problem under the warranty for the future. I was really worried there that SOA was going to make me pay for the rental car, and that they were going to blame XM radio for the problem. But, I am very pleased with the outcome; althought the problem was not pin pointed, at least the customer service was outstanding.

[quote name='firedawgs']OK, Final update. The dealer called today. After a week of having my car. The were torn to blame the problem on my XM radio causing the problem. But, I replied to them and told them to reconnect the XM radio, see if the error code come back on. The problem they were saying it was, was that the XM radio FM modulator was causing the Tire Pressure system to read wrong codes. I told them to give me the frequency that the tire pressure system works off of. I don't see why Subaru would use the same frequency as a common FM radio; the XM radio runs off of 1 of 4 FM frequencies; currently being 107.1. Anyways, after they hooked back the XM radio, no codes came about. SOA finally called my dealer and told them that there was no fault. My dealer is picking up my car rental bill, and recording the error coding problem under the warranty for the future. I was really worried there that SOA was going to make me pay for the rental car, and that they were going to blame XM radio for the problem. But, I am very pleased with the outcome; althought the problem was not pin pointed, at least the customer service was outstanding.[/quote] Actually, I don't think Subaru (or the component manufacture) would be allowed to have any electronic device that emits a signal in the frequency range designated for FM/AM radio. The FCC allots frequency bands for specific purposes, and all commercial parts must conform to that.

• 4 weeks later...
What model do you have?? TPMS is only on the H6 models of the Outback -- LL Bean, VDC, and 3.0R sedan. Not on any Legacy, or on base or XT Outbacks. [url]http://www.cars101.com/subaru/tiremonitor.html[/url] If the dealer was trying to blame an interaction between TPMS and XM, and you don't have TPMS, I'd say it's time to find a new dealer! CRaig

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Hmm, wierd - I have had the ACC problem too. I was having a utec uninstalled and was going to flash with an AP. with the utec disconnected, the OBD port went dead (no power to the AP) and I "ACC" showed up on the temp/mileage display. The OBD port is getting power with the utec connected though. Is this likely to be a short in the system somewhere?
getting out of the legacy game :cool:

• 2 years later...

wierd...this morning...I had the car started for no more than 20 minutes.... was driving to work. trip meter flashed that it had been running for 3 hrs...

It may be just coincidence...but my key has been "sticky" in the ignition lately....

• 1 month later...
okay...found a really great tech at the local subie dealer who gave me a breakdown on the codes that are displayed on the clock and how to troubleshoot...I will update this post next week with that info

found some info via a tech at my local dealer...will update so others may find it useful...basically it's either a short in the harness or a bad clock module....has nothing to do with anything else in the car

• 5 years later...

Archived