LegacyGT.com

Mikes New and Improved Exhaust Thread (with new Vids)

F22-raptor

What would you like on your pipes  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like on your pipes

• I would like the raw pipes and put tips on myself
    • I would like Single Round tip (approx 3") might add 50-70$
    • I would like Dual Tips (stainless) might add 50-70$

Due to a lot of people thinking I was dead or didn't care anymore...I created a new thread. Now with 100% more cowbell :) This Mpeg shows the pipe curvature and current Raw pipes (not stainless and no tips) I am trying to keep the cost as low as possible but I don't have a full price until we decide A) on tips or if I should let you choose your own and b) yeah this would be welding for the tips depending on the first option. If I were to to tips and make them dual for each side, I am expection right around an additional 60-70$ since I am not using chrome tips due to them rusting out and tarnishing really fast (like 2-3 mos). They would be stainless steel tips.

The pipes will be CNC-mandrel bent 304 Stainless Steel. (not really easy to find a place for these as the machines cost 100k+) I will be including flanges(possible laser welded) and gaskets for use with existing stock Pipeing. Any aftermarket pipes that work with the stock mufflers will also work with my straight pipes. You should be able to put these on your car in about 5 min. Use existing hangers and be good to go. These will not affect any emissions as they don't touch cats etc. They will increase sound nicely and reduce weight (stock mufflers are around 10-12 lbs) and you should notice a slight power difference up top. At the expense of a little torque. No numbers, just what the butt- meter says.

I may at some point eventually offer a Y pipe option as well if these pipes go over well. Depending on price etc. If overall interest is good I will pursue this as a side thing and get vendor status here etc..I appreciate the understanding of the mods here and ask them to be lenient with me a tiny bit :)

Mike

My cars mods are:

Sti Uppipe

Perrin DP

AVO filter

If you have cats still on there it would be a bit quieter than mine. I still have my stock resonator on.

http://home.fuse.net/digidot/raptor/car_0001.avi

http://www.digipimps.org/raptor/car_0001.avi (mirror2)

How much are you looking for a set of base pipes? I can weld me own tips on.

Base Price I am shooting for about 150-170$ thats including everything but the tips. You could get it done cheaper in mild aluminum and regular crush bending, but for T304 and CNC mandrel they charge a bit more :(

Any videos from a distance or drive-by?

My original video had a fly by. I am not sure if I still have it tho. I may have to vid another one. If you are worried about cops, the ones in my town are pretty small and they haven't given me any grief about them. I imagine they would if I went by at WOT but otherwise it isn't really loud.

Will have to D/L it tonight but I am in for a set with tips. Whatever everyone decides. Or if you can do both or a one off I'd pay an extra few bucks for the dual tips. I understand its probably cheaper to buy large quantities of one design.

Probably but I won't be buying in enough quantity to actualy knock the price down I don't think. :)

Best SNL!

I'll add that with my own testing, catless+resonatorless open pipe, is pretty raspy when cold. This is a nice cheap alternative to some cat-backs out there, but I still say the stock y-pipe is not as efficient as a single exit exhaust.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Best SNL!

I'll add that with my own testing, catless+resonatorless open pipe, is pretty raspy when cold. This is a nice cheap alternative to some cat-backs out there, but I still say the stock y-pipe is not as efficient as a single exit exhaust.

Its not as efficient or as cheap as a single exhaust.. But it looks darn good And duals will cut down the sound a bit. A single exhaust might be too loud if it was open pipe without a resonator. I had a Borla on my 400hp WRX and it was pretty loud :)

Mike - I saw that you're looking for a Leggy with stock pipes to test.

I'd be happy to drive from Columbus to check them out in person and test fit the pipes on my car.

I may have found tips.. I need to get the second set made and send them to my fabricator. He will then send me a price back and we start there. :)

Do these fit a wagon?

They should fit the GT Wagon, yes. I will confirm once I get them made but the last part of the exhaust should be exactly the same as the sedan. You're in cincy so if you want to stop by some time we can try the jig set I have and see if you like them..

Cool. I thought the bumper or length was different somehow. Let me know when you are ready and I can stop meet you at the Ford plant or any place convenient for you. Maybe at the next Cincy meet...

There is a game night at my house every Friday. This Friday we are starting a bit early and I could put my set on yours to test it a bit to see if it fits and you like it.

Mike

226-4338 Cell

Archived