LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I do very much enjoy mine as well. I do have a feature request. I like the peak boost recall, but the boost plot doesn't do much for me. It would be nice to have a peak (rich) AFR recall at the same time as the boost recall. If peak isn't within the range called for by the OL fueling table, that could indicate a problem to log.

• Moderators

Looks like they are out of stock again...:confused: While I really like this gauge, I will admit that it's somewhat troubling how everything is seemingly out of stock.

Lossol, do you have any intention of having auxiliary cables available again? I bought the VBG1 with the hopes of turning it into an oil pressure / boost gauge after I'm done tuning. I guess it's possible now that I'll also be able to keep my AFR as well, but either way I'll need a cable to run the oil pressure bits.

Please let me know, thanks.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• I Donated
I do very much enjoy mine as well. I do have a feature request. I like the peak boost recall, but the boost plot doesn't do much for me. It would be nice to have a peak (rich) AFR recall at the same time as the boost recall. If peak isn't within the range called for by the OL fueling table, that could indicate a problem to log.

It doesn't have that? Weird. It has something similar if you are using the oil pressure function.

• I Donated

It is on by default for oil pressure, and cannot be turned off IIRC. It displays in the following fashion when you press the lower button:

Peak 1 boost

Peak 1 oil pressure

Peak 2 boost

Peak 2 oil pressure

Peak 3 boost

Peak 3 oil pressure

Peak 4 boost

Peak 4 oil pressure

Peak 5 boost

Peak 5 oil pressure

... and then back to Peak 1 boost.

It works with PLX AFR, but for oil pressure, you just need a Prosport oil/fuel pressure sender and wire harness.

I know :spin: but after hearing so many ProSport horror stories I really don't want to use their sender.

• I Donated
I know :spin: but after hearing so many ProSport horror stories I really don't want to use their sender.

The sender works fine for me, and has been doing so for a bit less than 2 years (with a 6-month break in the middle there). And replacing it is no big sacrifice if it fails. Just make sure you get the relocation kit if you want to install it in the oil galley and you have an 07+. The air pump interferes with the sender without the relocation kit, hence the 6-month break while I procrastinated on getting the relocation kit for my Spec.B.

The main problem with Prosport is the gauges and electronic components. I had an oil pressure sensor left over from an old Prosport gauge that stopped working. I hooked up the sensor, and it's been working flawlessly for some time now.

Lossol, do you have any intention of having auxiliary cables available again? I bought the VBG1 with the hopes of turning it into an oil pressure / boost gauge after I'm done tuning. I guess it's possible now that I'll also be able to keep my AFR as well, but either way I'll need a cable to run the oil pressure bits.

Ah - so sorry - been crazy busy lately, I built one up and have it in stock now. I will be making more in the future as well.

Correct it does not show any peak for AFR - I have made a note to my self to add as a possible feature in the next rev. thefultonhow is correct is does cycle profiles for oil pressure.

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am starting to have a problem with mine.

Its seems some of the leds are not lighting up.

For example where it says boost during boost, one of the O's looks like a backwards C.

Its doing this on both displays.

I havent had this very long 4/5 2012 so maybe I can get it replaced?

Edited by Scooby2.5

It's all the time. I first noticed vertical lines in the right side display going through the AFR numbers.

Now I have some in the other display in the word boost etc.

Ill take a pic of the right display with the AFR graph selection. You can see stripes across the whole thing.

The boost one might be tricky but Ill try

Edited by Scooby2.5

NO worries about the boost pic, I'll get the idea from the vac pic or a peak recall pic. I'm waiting for a bunch of assembled VBG1s to come into stock...I can get you one of those in a few weeks, this sounds like a warranty issue with the screens. Both screens? or just the right one? We'll get this figured out, sorry about the inconvenience.
VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

• 3 weeks later...