LegacyGT.com

Update NAV card

Holy &$$&&$ that's one expensive map update. Most people now a days have smartphones. I would just invest in a nice phone mount and use Waze or Google Maps. Much more accurate, always up to date, better features and it is free. Apple CarPlay/Android Play should make stock nav. systems onsolete soon.

I ended up ordering the new sim card with the updates since the map update program did not recognized the factory sim card that came with the car.

Update: the new toolbox program listed above does see my factory sim card. Oh well at least I can use it for next year update.

The link Opie posted did not show the price for the download option. That's where I was looking and I did not look further but still expensive IMO when compare to a free, more up-to-date and better gps navigation on my phone. Thanks for the clarification on the download price.

I agree free is better but $54 for a NAV update is CHEAP!!! And you can buy 3 updates for about $38 each. Most other manufacturers charge anywhere from $99 - $199 for a single update. I applaud Subaru for keeping their updates reasonable.

Archived