LegacyGT.com

07-09 SI Drive In Cab Boost Controller Tuning from Cryotune Performanace

cryo

Hello there,

I have been receiving a LOT of questions recently about the SI Drive setup on the 2007-2009 Legacy GT's and spec B's. Particularly how it reacts after a tune is complete.

I have been using the method of tuning the SI drive as a in cab boost controller for years and really enjoy its versatility. Basically I can map different boost profiles with the flip of the SI Drive knob with no downfalls or drawbacks.

On a stock turbo car I normally set it up to hit roughly 1-2psi less in the sport mode vs Sport sharp and leave I mode to run lethargic values for efficiency.

On upgraded turbo car's its much more pronounced as its possible to run quite a bit of difference between power levels. I have customers running something like 240hp on I-mode,320hp on sport mode and 380hp on sport sharp. Talk about a fun flip of the switch.

This is not guaranteed on every tune but 95% of the 07+ LGT tunes we perform get this feature.

This post is to help out those who are curious and want to know these answers without sending a pm,email etc.

Thanks and hope this is helpful

Dave

Cryotune Performance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Dave did this on my car and I LOVE it! I've got the highway cruise setting, the spirited setup, and then OMG mode. Dave did an awesome job in setting this up and it makes the car so much fun to drive.

So it's really a bit more than a "boost controller", right? When I think boost controller, I think of, say, I Mode being 8psi, S Mode being 12psi, and S# Mode being 18psi. But you actually adjust the boost "profile" as well, correct? As in, the boost comes on slowly in I Mode, a steeper boost profile for S Mode in that the boost builds sooner in the RPM range and at a quicker pace, and full tilt boogie for S#?

• 3 months later...

Just tuned a car the other day with a Blouch 440XT. 35hp difference between sport and sport sharp. Not to bad for the flip of a switch.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

• 1 month later...
Have always wanted something like this but I assume it isn't possible with the 05 & 06s?

Nope, since we don't have SI drive.

Now we do have two timing maps and two WGDC maps, thus some kind of switching might be possible, but I don't think anyone really knows how to activate one map vs another.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Nope, since we don't have SI drive.

Now we do have two timing maps and two WGDC maps, thus some kind of switching might be possible, but I don't think anyone really knows how to activate one map vs another.

Right but we have sport and normal so I would think we could do two maps no?

Sent from somewhere in Potatoland

- No this is not possible with the 05/06 cars as its just not in the logic.

- The requested torque settings in the si drive do allow the change in overall requested boost control. You can do some interesting things when manipulating the maps that reference requested torque.

- The "sport" and normal are actually trans functions that influence TCU logic and line pressure so its not really a different map as a different "setting"

Hope this helps

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sales are going strong, thanks to those who have already taken advantage of the deals. The AP/Tune combo seems to be a big hit!

Moving a fair amount of grimmspeed product as well.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its been so long now I feel bad to get back to you Dave to get my tune complete. I know we're at about 98% done and I'm sure the last revision you have to do is some minor tweaks, so has been put on the back burner, and hence why I haven't got logs back to you for many months. Life is hectic...!

The SI drive is pretty handy though must admit, as soon as car warms up it goes and stays in S# for me. I leave in I or S for the wife though :)

Hello there Chimera,

yeah given that the last set of logs we exchanged was over a year ago its hard to say that we could just button things up easily or not since there is obviously going to be wear and change over that many months and such. I would rather know things are complete though but obviously cannot tell without viewing new data.

Shoot it my way via email and we can discuss your options.

Thanks

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

We are proud to announce we have now teamed up with CarZ Performance to offer full time tuning and calibration monday through friday to the Denver metro area for multiple platforms including our specialty which has been focused toward the Subaru community for the past 8 years.

Located at 7895 W 14th Ave in the heart of Lakewood,CO with a Superflow 880 All Wheel Drive dyno we are able to cater to all Subaru platforms as we have for years but also offer tuning and install services for some Ford Ecoboost and other Ford models,BMW, and the EVO X currently via the COBB Accessport with expansion planned in the near future based on customer needs. Things like E30 calibrations for your direct injection cars, E85 tunes for your race cars/street cars and full flex fuel conversions for your 08-14WRX and 08-16 STI's are no problem!

Carz Performance has years of experience on platforms such as GM, Ford, Chrysler, and Mitsubishi via multiple tuning software options. Now with the addition of what Cryotune Performance is able to provide for other models we should be able to take care of most tuning and install needs from mild to wild regardless of HP or use *drag strip, Autocross, drift etc*

We (the shop) are EFI University Trained and Certified, COBB Protuner/Dealers, AEM Certified, among other notable certifications. We have worked with Stand alones such as AEM, Haltec, PRO EFI, EMtron etc

We are now scheduling tuning and installs for March and the schedule is filling up fast! Call us or the shop at 720.214.5095 to schedule your appointments and we look forward to helping the performance community and are very excited to work with you!

sti.thumb.jpg.7735cc1663b6c4994ac9f20d4a059595.jpg

lgt1.jpg.b29eb5344a8451b93e018807164ac47d.jpg

lobby.jpg.a013ae675a0f71654821f9e9399b83c0.jpg

lobby2.jpg.d97a89c5bc52968d461a9cb65d704321.jpg

wrx.jpg.375e8c66c1be58debb34aa775a529456.jpg

bmw.jpg.e33a6ec06206f5def5086c602ac17b04.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Had to get caught up over the weekend so I just got done sending out a ton of emails,revisions,base maps and such. Thanks for the continued support, contact us with any questions.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived