LegacyGT.com

CEL On and Blinking Cruise

I started my car and had no problems and got onto the highway and the CEL and Cruise Control light started blinking. On my way back home from the store I still had power but didn't want to push it really hard because I started hearing my turbo making a weird sucking noise different than what it is supposed to be doing. I already had this happen about a month ago and I had to replace the turbo. Could it be a bad oil pump not having enough pressure?

You need to have the car towed, ok trailered or flat bedded to a shop and have things checked out.

WHo did the turbo replacement ? call them and I'm sure they will tell you the same.

Good Luck

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Oh,

I that case start with the basics, look things over and make sure nothing came off or is leaking.

Do you have a code reader? Lately, I carry mind with me.

Check over other systems that may have come loose.

I'm headed home now, be just step back take a deep breath and look things over.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'd pull the codes... either with a code reader, or the self display way... this is under the assumption the '05 2.5i and the '05 lgt have the same system... on my old 2.5i i could plug in a couple of lose plugs where the fusebox is located by your left knee when driving... it's tucked up top if I remember correctly... and i'm not sure if you plug a white one into a green one or green into green? you can look it up online for the procedures... basically it'll show you the codes on the odometer and you can google the code to see what it is.... OR if you have a code reader, just use that (much easier ;))

you could have a lose vacuum line, but i'd check the codes first... and if you're really worried, don't drive it until you figure out what's wrong... worst thing you could do is drive it assuming you won't break it more.

Archived