LegacyGT.com

Is There Something Wrong With The Front Driver's Door

On our 2015 Legacy 2.5i - purchased as CPO in May 2016 with 14K miles, which is my son's car seems to have something unusual. When you close the Driver's door, it doesn't close with the same solid sound of the other doors. it almost sounds more "tinnie" less solid?

I have not checked it out at a dealer to check other cars at a dealer. I will shortly. Anyone else sense this?

Not that I have noticed, probably an adjustment issue.

Unless there have been a bad repair of the door from an accident, look for traces of repairs, compare left and right side of car and if spot welds are visible in a different way.

453747.png

Poor man's dynamat works wonders for making doors feel solid. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Peel-Seal-Instant-Waterproof-Repairs-6-in-x-25-ft-Aluminum-Roll-Flashing/1018733

After a few hot days the tar smell is gone and haven't smelled it since.

Some 5th Gens from the factory had insufficient adhesive attaching the skin to the door frame and thus a tinny hollow sound. There was actually a TSB addressing it. Could be the same issue with some 6th Gens. Have your dealer check it out.

I actually might know exactly what you're talking about. A couple months ago I replaced all my speakers, so that means I had to take the panels off all the doors. When I put the panels back on and closed the door I noticed a tin/hollow sound when it would close. I have no idea if I only started noticing this sound because I was messing with the door, and it always has that sound or if I changed something on accident to give it that sound. GTEASER may be right, it would be good to have you go in and check it out! Then report back if they find anything so I can get it fixed too! :D:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Interesting read. I recently picked up a used 2015 Legacy as well and noticed the driver driver door having an off sound when closed firmly. All of the other doors close and sound normally just as on my Forester or any other previous car. I may have to pull the panel to have a look inside.

As indicated in earlier post, the drivers side door was missing the insulation. Go to the dealer to check it out. Not sure if there is a TSB about this, but it seems from posts here it has been experienced by a number of folks. Who knows, it may affect 2015 cars built on certain day or week. I was the one who detected this malady. Its my 30 year old sons car who said he really didnt notice it. Now he sees and hears the difference.

There's 1 piece on the outer skin, as well as rubber bushings between the skin and impact bars.

I plastered the whole skin with peel n seal aka poor man's dynamat. Really works well for road noise reduction and giving the doors a nice solid thunk when closing.

Archived