LegacyGT.com

NoVA Dealers...experiences

jthewood

Hey all,

I'm a WRX owner and I'm thinking of moving into a LGT. I'm interested in your experience with dealers in the general No. VA area (VA, DC, MD). I'm mainly price-shopping right now due to the great incentives Subaru is offering on the 06's, but I don't want to buy from a dealer that's going to crap on me after the purchase is done.

Any thoughts?

I'm the Internet Sales Manager at Farrish--in Fairfax. Now, how many other dealers in this area have employees that are product enthusiasts too (Subaru owners and lgt.com members)? :icon_wink

were you sales mgr last winter? If you were, i bet I got my car from you.

bought mine from Stohlman's in Tysons last week... not sure about their service end, but the sales guys seem ok. but the finance guy did try to tack on another $800 on top without me knowing... bastard. Check the math three times over or else....

I was ready to buy from Stohlman, they let me take a 24hr test drive with no hassle. I backed out because the car had too many miles on it and when they found a car with low miles at another dealer they told me it would be easier for me to just get the car from the other dealer than to have them drive the car back to Stohlman. That seemed like a pretty decent thing to do.

I'm the Internet Sales Manager at Farrish--in Fairfax. Now, how many other dealers in this area have employees that are product enthusiasts too (Subaru owners and lgt.com members)? :icon_wink

ALOT....

We even have a few cars from the dealership that race often. We also are a participating dealer for the Subaru Challenge... I hope we see you at the Challenge, we will be taking a Spec b, STi and couple of WRX's....

tHe HoV

I had ordered my LGT from them, but they lied to me on the arrival date. I was trading the WRX against it under Subaru's guaranteed trade program and the end date was drawing near. They promised me it would arrive in time, but that was bunk. YMMV.

They've got an 06 LGT limited for $23.5, including incentives. After my 500 loyalty bucks, it's around $24K out-the-door. I put a deposit yesterday, but it's fully refundable if they screw around. I'll let you know how it turns out.

yeah, them. better to drive 5 minutes away to get screwed than an hour away, right? All dealers stink around here...sorry to the people who work there and have posted here, but I've shopped most of them and was not impressed with anybody (Beyer being the exception - I've heard good things).

I walked on Dulles last week. Not only would they not meet the price I was quoted at another dealer, but they kept padding the price to raise it. Dude lied to me to get me there and I wasted half a day. Now I'm buying the same car from Fitz for a gran less that what I was trying to get from Dulles. Screw em'...

BTW... I just heard Stholman is/has bought Paul Bros and is going to make the Herndon location a satellite Stholman dealer. Maybe some better service will be moving out our way.

Stohlman did - I posted a thread about it last week on nabisco. I had equally bad service from Stohlman on the WRX (they back the car over a curb, bending the exhaust - brand new! and they denied responsibility and blamed us).

Paul Bros is no good. I got my car there and serviced there, just a bunch of bitter, old people. The service manager is the biggest a$$ on earth. Completely ignores and puts off this air that he is better than you and you dont know anything.

My mom got her car at Stohlman's and they are a little better, but take their time when servicing your car.

^ That's my experience too. I had a leak in my 1st Legacy GT Limited, and the service manager totally denied it. Said he ran a hose over the car for hours and got no leak. GRRRR I was so annoyed, it still raises my pulse. He even tried to say I couldn't have a service loaner the second time I brought in my car for hte same issue because it wasn't a "new" problem. They tried to charge me like $150 fo rhe laoner car. What a jackoff.

Hey jthewood,

Sorry about that, if I had known you had your eye on it I would played rock/paper/scissors for it! If it makes you feel any better, it had a few hundred miles on it already, and had been sitting on the lot for 2 months collecting dust; you can probably find another one with less miles and same price.

Doesn't look like there are any cheapo service manuals for this engine yet - I'd hate to spend $600 on the OEM books... anyone know of a good alternative?

Hey jthewood,

Sorry about that, if I had known you had your eye on it I would played rock/paper/scissors for it! If it makes you feel any better, it had a few hundred miles on it already, and had been sitting on the lot for 2 months collecting dust; you can probably find another one with less miles and same price.

No Problem yellowdogLGT! I'm glad to see another enthusiast snatched it up. Hopefully we'll be able to get out and shred some blacktop at one of the get-togethers. Enjoy it and I'll see you out there when I get mine!

Archived