LegacyGT.com

Lost Only LGT Key

Hi guys, I've been absent for a long while but I'm back posting on behalf of a friend. He has a 2008 LGT that he bought used with only one key. Someone at work either took or misplaced the only key he has for the vehicle. What's the best plan of action from here? I couldn't remember the specifics regarding Subaru key acquisition and programming, so I'm hoping someone can help me out and give me a refresher. He currently has no keys for the car at all, what's the best way to proceed from here?

Call dealer, I believe you need the title and reg in his name.

Oh, and it'll need a tow there :)

That's what I was afraid of. Next step is jimmying his way in to make sure the key didn't get locked in the backseat by accident; it's the only scenario he hasn't investigated. Damn... this sucks.

Could he avoid getting the vehicle towed to our local dealership that's full of morons by having them order/cut his key and he program it himself using the procedure here?

That's what I was afraid of. Next step is jimmying his way in to make sure the key didn't get locked in the backseat by accident; it's the only scenario he hasn't investigated. Damn... this sucks.

Could he avoid getting the vehicle towed to our local dealership that's full of morons by having them order/cut his key and he program it himself using the procedure here?

Home Depot told me they'd do it with a chipped key, so I'm sure it's possible to do yourself.

I get free towing on my Gieco policy. Not sure it's worth your time to do yourself.

Still need to go to the dealer to have it programmed. The above procedure is for the fob only.

Yep. When I bought my car, I only had one key as well. Had to go to the dealer and shell out ~$100 for one key+getting it programmed :mad:.

Ah damn! I was hoping he could order the $30 eBay key, have someone cut it, and then then follow the above programming procedure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Check home depot. Seriously the local one here does them.

Archived