LegacyGT.com

Magnaflow Catback Exhuast

Ok I figured I would just start a new thread for this instead of having in parts of different threads.

I bought the new Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust for a 2010 Legacy GT and installed it on my 2.5i. (Note I was only able to do this because my car had the exhaust hangers on the passenger side already. Not all 2.5i models have them.) The part # is 16377.

EDIT: This is a 3" catback that goes to 2.5" at the Y. I purchased it from www.performancepeddler.com

20110407194000.thumb.jpg.d32c6595fba39a49c9ed81153a803b39.jpg

The installation was a pretty simple process. Remove the OEM muffler(s) and mid-pipe to prep for the new kit. Since I didn’t have a lift it was a pain in the @ss to get the donut gasket connection loose/reconnected. Make sure all the pieces are loosely fited before tightening anything down. The kit has 3 band clamps, 1 - 3” and 2 - 2.5”. In order to get the exhaust onto the hangers I found it helpful to spray some WD40 on the hanger and the rubber hanger. The instructions say to tighten the clamps to approx 40 ft/lbs, which is pretty much when they are compressed completely. Also the donut gasket is recommended to be torque to 13.3 ft/lbs (from Subaru service manual).

I purchased a couple of poly hanger bushings from Rallitek for the passenger side of the car. About $5 each.

Picture of OEM 2.5i mid-pipe next to Magnaflow mid-pipe

20110408083222.thumb.jpg.a96a45b9babe8267ff864d78c47c8148.jpg

Installed on the car

PICT0229.thumb.jpg.5a9aae5f79af304f3650822ce22c24a6.jpg

3” to 2.5” y-split

PICT0232.thumb.jpg.f2a5ac03afd8f168f7f4b696256e6292.jpg

Videos - (the clicking noise is coming from my camera, not the car, time to get a new one)

Outside car startup

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffm2jeBgIKk]YouTube - 2010 Legacy 2.5i Magnaflow Exhuast[/ame]

Inside car

Startup

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asyMQP_2dTo]YouTube - 2010 Legacy Magnaflow Catback[/ame]

Driving Clips

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH7s-jhJsn8]YouTube - Inside Car Exhaust Clips[/ame]

Edited to upload pics directly to forum.

Edited by legacy360
Additional info about the CBE

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a call from my nanny that mine was delivered on Friday. I will be back in town late Saturday night, early Sunday morning. So after Church, I will put the car up on ramps and work it out. Review soon to follow.....:)
2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

wow, was thinking about changing the exhaust in my 2.5i. This video just made up my mind going to change it soon! does this void your warranty?

only if they can prove that the exhaust is the cause of certain failure, but you should always get the car properly tuned no matter what.

Ok I figured I would just start a new thread for this instead of having in parts of different threads.

I bought the new Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust for a 2010 Legacy GT and installed it on my 2.5i. (Note I was only able to do this because my car had the exhaust hangers on the passenger side already. Not all 2.5i models have them.) The part # is 16377.

siick man! how much was it and where did you get it from? is it a 3" cbe??

siick man! how much was it and where did you get it from? is it a 3" cbe??

Edited the orginal post and added a link to the website I bought it from. And yes it is a 3" cbe. I think a lot of the noise is due to the lack of a resonator in the mid pipe.

wow, that place has an awesome price, did you have any trouble dealing with them? How are the shipping times?

have you been on the highway for an extended time yet? Is it pretty mellow or is it still pretty loud when cruising at highway speeds? I'm getting really tempted to buy this now.

Edited by 10legacy

wow, that place has an awesome price, did you have any trouble dealing with them? How are the shipping times?

have you been on the highway for an extended time yet? Is it pretty mellow or is it still pretty loud when cruising at highway speeds? I'm getting really tempted to buy this now.

No problems with the ordering process. All of their orders are drop shipped from Magnaflow in Cali. It was only 4 days for ground shipping for free. Haven't had a chance to take it on the freeways much, but will get some good drive time in this week.

I think you can make any offer you want, then they send you an email with the best price they can do and a coupon code, I'm not sure why they do this but i was offered a great price on this compared to all the other places i checked out. Still debating on this but very tempted at the offered price to go ahead and buy it. Edited by 10legacy