LegacyGT.com

Solgt's "Sleeper Status" Build Thread

I rather not trailblaze to see what is the actual limit of trans and diff is.

Today must've had some thing in the water cause I got hit today by a guy in a Corolla who swerved into my lane without checking first. Then tried to evade me. In. A stock. 10' Corolla. FML!!!!!! Tried to say it was my fault cause I was speeding. In a group of 5 cars he swerved hits my front right with his back left and say I was speeding. Wow. I mean WOW. Good thing for usaa.

Sorry to hear that! How bad was the damage?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The quarter panel has to be replaced I'm sure. Possibly the bumper. Rim has to be refurbished as well. Considering only that versus hitting a foot tall median head on, or go into oncoming traffic, which will have caused way more. Took the lesser of two evils.

IMAG3119-1.thumb.jpg.21d4d581a81a2193dc83e2c2e08dbdb3.jpg

IMAG3120-1.thumb.jpg.9fc141f59197f43dedd361cf874c75f0.jpg

Edited by solgt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So the wife sent me this the other day. Don't know what was more proud moments, both boys older showing the younger the boost or the shifting....just watch.

Edited by solgt
I uploaded the video to YouTube

Sorry haven't updated with the latest news.

So the car was on the dyno in May and made 15hp and 20lb-ft less. Even with the Cobb intake. After talking with Maine, the turbo was most likely culprit. So it was back to Andrewtech.

Well some how the wategate flapper wasn't tight and was opening early with little pressure. So turbo off to disassemble and reassemble properly. While it was there I had a Crawford air/oil separator installed.

Haven't had it back on the dyno since but I'm glad the wastegate issue was resolved and the separator. It drives a little bit more 'turboish' I think. I'll do what I can to get an in car vid soon.

Dude when my 4th gen was at Andrewtech I used to always see it there. Love the look/stance of the car!

Thanks. I trust them with all the work on my car. Jermaine over at TurboXS for tuning is just the business. Can't say enough about either.

Edited by solgt

• 1 month later...
Nice build! Stage 2 didn't really feel that much different from stage 1?

Mind you I went 2in drop, which to me makes more power translate to the operator over stock ride height. But will say driving around town the torque available to use doesn't change a great deal. On the highway, yeah full pull 2-3-part 4 you will. Given that until the turbo or motor is changed the result will be the same. Great torque, not much horsepower. Which given my experience with cooling needs, going stage 2 in my opinion dutifully needs cooling added to list for longevity of components. I havnet gotten a radiator yet. Been on the fence on Mishimoto or Koyo and truly have been slaking. Huge fan of adding an oil and trans radiator in place of top mount when I go front mount. Thouhts?

So did you get a protune for stage 2? I did notice that on my setup (not super different from yours) that the cobb ots stage 2 was very noticeably worse than the stage 1. Slower response, weaker pull, that sort of thing.