LegacyGT.com

5th Gen - Tricks and tweaks

I did this on my 2010 and basically it did not work. So I rewired the wire and am just dealing with the light for the time being.

Also on my 2010 the i2 connector is only an 18 pin connector and the R/Y wire is pin #6.

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s547/subleg/111_zpsefa8b2f1.png

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s547/subleg/P1080140_zpsc52ab6e2.jpg

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s547/subleg/P1080139_zpsf183449b.jpg

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did this on my 2010 and basically it did not work. So I rewired the wire and am just dealing with the light for the time being.

Also on my 2010 the i2 connector is only an 18 pin connector and the R/Y wire is pin #6.

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s547/subleg/111_zpsefa8b2f1.png

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s547/subleg/P1080140_zpsc52ab6e2.jpg

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s547/subleg/P1080139_zpsf183449b.jpg

Maybe someone can check the voltage on that wire when the light is on and when it's off. It might be that it has to be wired to either ground or +12V (or possibly another voltage).

453747.png

Does the instructions on how to disable seat belt chimes work on a 2014 Legacy? I can't seem to get it to work

Also same question on changing to MPG display. Do the instruction on this forum work for a 2014 Legacy?

yes the seat belt chime delete worked for me on my 2014 Legacy.

"Go fast...ignition on

turn headlights on

hit trip meter 5 times

headlights off

hit trip meter 5 times

headlights on

hit trip meter 5 times

Now you can adjust the MPG reading on the first option screen. Default is zero I set mine to -2 and its much closer."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to do this but because I don't understand I hesitate to do this - so--

Can someone explain to me the reason for adjusting the MPG? I don't understand why or how u can adjust something a car like a car's MGP

Different size tires have a different circumference and turn a different number of times per mile. The cars computer measures revolutions of the wheel but cant read your mind and make adjustments for whatever size tires the owner installs.

It's not necessarily "correct" from the factory. The adjustments are in % increments. Keep a record of the fuel economy you are getting for your driving style, local gas, local terrain etc, after each tank compare to the display. Reset and do again. If you notice a trend that it always displays too high or too low, adjust accordingly.

what I found with the MPG reported was that sometimes they are short and other times they are over,,,, so really adjusting it would not seem to work .

For example/ on the MPG screen the numbers do not move up by .1 s. (Now the instant mpg screen moves by .1 s. Which mean the average displays every so often (not sure how often it is programmed to give a new reading). So, when you pull in for gas and shut down the car it might have been 10 seconds from putting out the new average for the last time period.... I don t know but I don t think these are too accurate sometimes. Not sure I made my point clear?

You want to log the actual vs. displayed fuel economy over a series of tanks - remember that there is some variance between when different pumps shut off (i.e., how full the tank is when the pump kicks off will likely vary by some fraction of a gallon) so you want to take a large number of measurements to be able to average that out. I've been logging mine for the past 21 tanks and the reading is high by 5.3% with a standard deviation of 1.7% - I plan to adjust by 5% and call it good. (to put things in perspective, the standard deviation I measure would correspond to a error of about 0.25 gallons in the tank - so not a big delta)

OK, I got the MPG to show up and it says 18.9 MPG. What I don't understand is why or how u would adjust the MPG to make it accurate? U mean what's showing (18.9MPG) might not be accurate and how do u know when it is?

If the display is reading "18.9 AVG MPG", then you're not looking at the adjustment screen. Here's the set of instructions directly from Subaru:

3. DEALER CUSTOMIZE MODE

The combination meter can be customized with dealer customize according to the following procedure.

CAUTION:

Perform the steps described in 1) through 4) within 10 seconds.

1) Within 3 seconds after turning the ignition switch to ON, set the lighting switch to tail light or headlight position.

2) Press the trip meter knob five times.

3) Turn the lighting switch to OFF, and press the trip meter knob five times.

4) Set the lighting switch to tail light or headlight position again, and press the trip meter knob five times.

5) Move on to the “DEALER CUSTOMIZE MODE”.

• When the dealer customize mode operates, the LCD displays each adjustment screen.

• The dealer customize mode consists of three setting screens. {Avg.F/E Correction Screen}, {Ambient

Temp. Correction Screen} and {Clock Adjust. Screen} is displayed cyclically in this order every time the trip

meter knob is tapped.

• Holding down the trip meter knob while each setting screen is displayed can change the setting value.

NOTE:

When ignition switch is turned OFF or the vehicle is driven, the customize mode is cancelled automatically.

No.: Customize mode Initial value Correction range

1: Avg.F/E Correction Screen (initial value+/-0%) Correction Range+/-10%

2: Ambient Temp. Correction Screen (initial value)+/-0°C (°F) Correction Range+/-3°C (°F)

3: Clock Adjust. Screen (initial value on) Correction range on or off

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I used this technique and now my actual MPGs and displayed MPGs are in agreement within 0.3 MPG... pretty good. Used to be almost 2 MPG off.

I tried this procedure with my 2012 Impreza and it didn't work. If anyone knows the procedure for the 2012 Impreza, please let me know. That car is >2.5 MPG off.

Thanks!!!!

If the display is reading "18.9 AVG MPG", then you're not looking at the adjustment screen. Here's the set of instructions directly from Subaru:

3. DEALER CUSTOMIZE MODE

The combination meter can be customized with dealer customize according to the following procedure.

CAUTION:

Perform the steps described in 1) through 4) within 10 seconds.

1) Within 3 seconds after turning the ignition switch to ON, set the lighting switch to tail light or headlight position.

2) Press the trip meter knob five times.

3) Turn the lighting switch to OFF, and press the trip meter knob five times.

4) Set the lighting switch to tail light or headlight position again, and press the trip meter knob five times.

5) Move on to the “DEALER CUSTOMIZE MODE”.

• When the dealer customize mode operates, the LCD displays each adjustment screen.

• The dealer customize mode consists of three setting screens. {Avg.F/E Correction Screen}, {Ambient

Temp. Correction Screen} and {Clock Adjust. Screen} is displayed cyclically in this order every time the trip

meter knob is tapped.

• Holding down the trip meter knob while each setting screen is displayed can change the setting value.

NOTE:

When ignition switch is turned OFF or the vehicle is driven, the customize mode is cancelled automatically.

No.: Customize mode Initial value Correction range

1: Avg.F/E Correction Screen (initial value+/-0%) Correction Range+/-10%

2: Ambient Temp. Correction Screen (initial value)+/-0°C (°F) Correction Range+/-3°C (°F)

3: Clock Adjust. Screen (initial value on) Correction range on or off