LegacyGT.com

Installing TPMS in my 2006??

So I was looking through the Subaru Technical Manual and it talks about 2005 and 2006 model year Legacys having the hookups and everything for TPMS. I purchased some 08 spec rims that have the TPMS sensors, can I purchase the module and install it in my 2006?

Why on earth would you want to ?

I wish I could disable the system in my 09.

I don't need some stupid light on the dash telling me wrong info.

Anybody with half a brain can see when a tire is low. Idiots should learn how to look at there car and see something is not right.

How did man kind make it for the first 100 years of driving without that system...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Sorry, why did you buy run flat tires ?

I doubt the wire harness has the hook up's for the system.

If it were me, I'd spend the money on the auto dimming mirror or window tints so you don't need the auto dimming mirror.

Sorry for the rant, but IMO, well, I guess you got my point.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I'm with Max on this, TPMS is amongst the most annoying modern features along with DRL's. That said since it was not an option in 06 I highly doubt that you could plug anything in to have it work, there isn't a warning light on the dash either so you would need a 08+ cluster too.

i dont think the point of a tpms system is tell you your tires are low when sitting in the driveway. its most beneficial when driving and you pick up a screw, nail, etc. and your tire starts loosing air while driving. tire gets a little low on air, the light comes on, you pull over, fix tire/inflate with air/change tire out before it goes completely flat and you possibly lose control. i think its a great system minus the costly repairs if a sensor goes bad.

No, its a Gov't mandate trying to keep people safe from tires on Ford SUV's that people don't keep properly inflated.

Because of a few idiots, we all have to pay...

People need to know how there car feels. But that's to much to ask.

I can tell if I park one tire on the extension cord that goes from the house to the trailer.

For the right car tpms sensors can be a great thing, for most they are a huge pain in the ... , some manufactures started putting them in around 02. But not federally mandated till 08, so that being said you may have some of the million things needed to constantly have lights on your dash but not all. If you really want them there are companies in china that make universal units you can buy, good luck.

Glad I have an 05 but if you check your tire pressures weekly, the light should never come on.

I still wouldn't want it though but know I will have too, unless my car now last another 50+ years of being a Dd

OP, just be glad you don't have it

The wires may be there, but the system may have to be activated in your ECU. I'm not even sure it's possible. On 07 and up, if you disconnect the TPMS module, the light goes on in the dash and the system is in fault status. It is not as simple as purchasing a the module and hooking it up.

That said since it was not an option in 06 I highly doubt that you could plug anything in to have it work, there isn't a warning light on the dash either so you would need a 08+ cluster too.

^ I know in my 05, I can see the 'icon' for the TPMS warning light on my dash. Now I am not 100% sure if they did install an LED for it.

but i'm not going to try to argue with you while you're in rant mode :lol:

^ It is indeed a rare occurrence to see Max capacity in rant mode! Something must have happened to him today.

Archived