LegacyGT.com

Couple quick questions!

Gex

Hey Guys,

I already ordered an invidia catless uppide and am now deciding which downpipe to go with. Not sure if I should go Catted or Catless (How much difference does it make? Beside being illegal emissions wise is there a big power difference?)

I was also going to order a CBE (either invidia or magnaflow) but after reading on here I am worried that I might destroy the factory TMIC (dont really want to jbweld or modify the stock) and maybe want to replace that before I do the exhaust. Both cost about the same give or take. Car will be tuned at R&H garage in Seattle if that make any difference.

Also is there any other parts I should consider? I am running the stock turbo and do not plan to change. Looking to get a 20-30hp gain.

Thanks for your help.

• I Donated Too

biggest difference is price between catted/catless.

if you go stage 2, you'll most likely have to deal with the IC issue.

Sounds like for your needs, a good stage 1 protune will do the trick.

You will lose some power using a catted vs a catless. However, a catted aftermarket downpipe will still be a significant upgrade over stock. A catted aftermarket will likely have some sort of high-flow cat that will get you almost as much as a catless downpipe.

Catted is much more expensive though because the cat contains precious metals.

Yeah I have been debating on whether I could get the car past emission or not. It wont throw a CEL due to the tune so it should be fine catless. Will I get a gas smell being catless?

I think ill save a bit more money and buy the process west TMIC and magnaflow. Then throw them all on at the same time. End of June/Early July car should have the TMIC,Catless DP and UP,CBE, and pro tune. Bet it'll be a whole different beast!

I already had a comp stage 2 clutch,flywheel, and snout kit installed so I should be good for the drive train (fingers crossed). Maybe have them throw on one of the beefier tranny mounts.

Really just looking for dependability. The car is not a DD but will see plenty of miles.

Stage 2 stuff should be pretty reliable. I've got a used 08 OEM LGT uppipe, used Cobb catted, bnib Borla catback, and a bnib Process West intahcoolah all to go on at the same time. So I've got pretty much the same thing going on that you do. Maybe a little more conservative with the catted dp and the 2.5 inch catback.

There is a different smell coming out of the catless cars vs catted. How much it bothers you and how much you notice it is a bit of a personal preference sort of thing. Personally, I can't smell the difference, but I have a horrendous sense of smell due to heavy allergies.

Fyi ... the PW intahcoolah is expensive. Obviously, I thought it was worth it though.

if youre only looking for a 20-30hp gain i would try out an opensource stg1 tune. also i have a catless dp and only get the fumes once in a while and im used to them by now so i dont even realize it. if you wanna save a ton of money, drop the aftermarket intercooler and just bulletproof the stock one some how.

Archived