LegacyGT.com

AVO panel filter does not fit !?!?!

CasopoliS

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pics are attached. this is the 'backside' of the filter that slides into the opening

the AVO filter is 7 7/8" square

stock filter nowhere near that.

The opening is probably 7 3/4" or 7 5/8" no bit of effort would even get it to CRAM into place - its way to far off

see attached pics

DSCN2456.JPG.8f7f46db71633967c71ec6c3d0d4fb77.JPG

DSCN2457.JPG.c8961956ea8b6350fa4a6076488c4b58.JPG

gasket is in perfect condition, as is everything else. My air box must be slightly out of spec. Its not like its dented on one side.... its the same width from top to bottom.

So... I don't really know what to do. I dont think any of the filters will fit my airbox. I might try to warm up the airbox to make the plastic more 'giving' and see if I can cram it in there.

gasket is in perfect condition, as is everything else. My air box must be slightly out of spec. Its not like its dented on one side.... its the same width from top to bottom.

So... I don't really know what to do. I dont think any of the filters will fit my airbox. I might try to warm up the airbox to make the plastic more 'giving' and see if I can cram it in there.

Like was stated earlier,,maybe they sent you the wrong size filter,,have you called AVO??

Damn I just ordered mine from the AVO website about a week ago.

Slightly unusual experience with this one; my credit card company called to check on a charge from a company in Australia.

I hope mine fits, that's the last thing I need is to have to return an item to an Australian Company.

Maybe I'm just spoiled from dealing with top notch vendors likw TDC and Pltek, but this seems like it's taking a long time to get here.

Oh and WTF - Rallitek is no longer a vendor - not paying the bills huh!!??:lol:

:eek::icon_conf really??...I just bought the same filter from them a few weeks ago (so I can swap it with the one in the car right now to clean) and it got here in a few days, but I haven't installed this one yet :( (a little nervous here)

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Rallitek is off at SEMA, so probably having a hard time getting online. So is AVO, for that matter, its just that I found out that Rennick Subaru in Fullerton, CA has a broadband connection, so am making a quick checkin.

The filter fins are in the wrong direction - they go up-down vs. the standard air filters right-left. So, going by the picture, if you rotated it 90 degrees from the standard filter, you should fit it that way.

Now, if it still does not fit, then it is possible that a WRX filter got packed instead of a Legacy.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com | http://www.sevenphotos.com

yes I tried both ways and yes I know they should be horizontal.

the AVO filter is 7 7/8" square

in regards to the 'rotate it 90 degrees' solution

The box said LGT and the instructions were for an LGT, so you are saying the filter itself could be in the wrong box?

Thanks for the help AVO

After a serious beat down I got it to go in. There were some cracking noises because the plastic was being so stretched - but once I got it in it settled fine. SO... I think only the outer-most edge was superwide, and once I got past that everything was ok... just SUPER snug.

STILL -

it was a horrible fit and in no way should I pay $50+ for a filter that I have to use a HAMMER to get in.

unfortunately I am one of the 5% that had fitment issues while 95% said it fit perfectly. just luck I guess.

Archived