LegacyGT.com

07 back seat swap???

acooper5

This may be kind of a ridiculous question but I think it is worth a try. I have run into a problem were my car is not able to support my hobbies any more. I used to have an older LGT with a roof rack to support my mountain biking and whitewater kayaking needs but I gave that to my little bro when he went off to college. I could easily use my 05 gt but i dont want to put the roof rack on the beautiful car. So I really would love the benefit of a fold down rear seat. Hence my question:

I know all 07 gt's are leather, my 05 is not. So do the 07 2.5i's have the fold down rear seat and if they do, hypothetically it should just be an easy swap right? Anybody have any idea how much a rear seat (just the back rest portion) my cost? I know i can call subaru but I figured I would ask first.

Semper Fi.

i believe there is a thick metal bar in between the rear seats, that makes us unable to pull the seat down.

I mean, if it was possible, they woulda have done it already...

Maybe i am wrong, but it is just my 2cents, even i wish this is a possibility as well...

i felt the same way, i couldnt understand it but at the sametime I didnt want to wait to see what the future would hold. Umm, I am going to figure this out tomorrow I think and I will let the forum know what I find out...
Semper Fi.

Just go take a sledge to a new car lot :)

haha who is the worst stealership???? I am down for a meet of there lot. I will bring the grill!!!

I am definitely going to try to do this. I am going over to Subaru when I leave for lunch in a little bit.

Semper Fi.

Hmm.. Keep us posted.

I have a horrible feeling tho that it will not be possible. The hinges would need to be mounted to the body (where there are no provisions for it) and catches would need to be installed to hold the seat upright, again, where there are no fixture points for them.

I have to say tho that I think it is stupid that they offered the center pass through on the 07 Sedan with the flat folding seat but no center pass through on the wagon...

4 people in the car... skiis... hmm.. pass through would sure be handy in my wagon!

i guess they assume you can put it up the roof?

Not everyone wants to go out and buy roof rack ski racks...

It would have come in handy for me. It's nice to have the flexability should you be caught off guard.

Ya i just didnt want the roof racks. with those seats there is plenty of room when they are down.

Here is what the dealership told me. THEY DONT KNOW, I wasn't surprised to hear that. So I asked them what I will need. Apparently the actual cloth around the seat is a seperate part? Thats what they said at least and that cost 268.00 The other two parts didnt cost to much. One was the frame and the other was the 60/40 split were seat. It looks like it will work.

When we checked out the diagram it looked like the seat is attached to the plastic frame and the plastic frame is clipped into the same spot as the old seat. the told cost is going to be around 550.00. I dont know if it is worth it. I may have to wait a few months or so and wait untill 07 legacys start making it into the junk yard. We will see.

Semper Fi.

why not put a hitch on? more convenient than having to buy and fold the seats down. and I think I've seen some hitch racks that hold kayaks too.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

The fold down rear sears were the only reason I waited for an 07. If you figure this out, I wonder what the difference would have been between the killer deals offered on the 06 vs the 07. I'd image the cost would go up substancially for the leather seats... It's worth a grand to have practicality, but I should've just got the wagon.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, I will go back to subaru sometime this week and get those part numbers and prices. That is a good question about the wagon seat swap...I dont know if it would, I would have to look at a wagon and compare frames.
Semper Fi.

Archived