LegacyGT.com

Insurance? WRX -> LGT

A question about insurance on a LGT. For those of you who went from a WRX to a Legacy GT, how much did your insurance go down? What about those with an STI to an LGT?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You should also ask about location, insurance company, maritial staus and age.

In gerneral, all else being equal, the LGT is cheaper to insure than the WRX and STi. Far fewer teenagers killing themselves in legacy's than the Impreza line-up.

now 25-26 years old, have had the legacy gt, paying $1200/year with similar coverage (AAA insurance)

Your biggest diff there was the magic insurance number of 25 year old male.

ignore him, he'll go away.

21 years old to 23 years old, had the WRX wagon, paid $1600/year for full boat coverage. (AIG insurance)

now 25-26 years old, have had the legacy gt, paying $1200/year with similar coverage (AAA insurance)

i was 23 when i bought my lgt and my insurance still stands at $800/yr for full coverage :eek: im surprised as thats how much i paid for just liability on my 87 Mustang GT for the two years prior to that...

Rates are going to vary widely, even within the same metropolitan area.

Call your insurance agent and let him/her know you are considering a new car. They will gladly quote you rates for both vehicles. That would be much more accurate than random quotes from ppl with different insurance companies, ages, driving records, and locations...

I'm in jersey as well - currently have esurance on my beater civic, just went down from $1000/year to $620/year (not sure why, but I won't complain).

Is there a difference in cost to insure the Legacy 2.5i SE or the GT? If not, then I might have to consider going for the GT...

we are buying an 07 STI for the hubby, arrives in April. already called for insurance quotes. i pay $100/mo for the LGT (1 accident and 2 tickets). he will be paying $219/mo for the STI (1 ticket). in 18 months, insurance hopefully goes down enough to combat the insane premium increases the STI will surely have when the tickets and accidents all disappear (they all happened w/in 4 months of each other).
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived