LegacyGT.com

Are theses items warrantable?

I am looking at a 2005 Limited GT but there are two items that bother me about it. The glovebox is saggin on the left side and is hard to close.

The other issue is the drivers window. It seem to wobble a bit so when I close the door there is a different clunk than normal along with a clang sound.

Although I am not the original owner will they still warranty these items?

Thanks in advance.

Brian

They're both kinda iffy if you ask me. The warranty will cover mfg defects and stuff that they can't prove was done by neglect or misuse.

If it were my local dealership, they would give me shit about it left and right. Saying that I could've done it and not even noticed I did it, and not cover it. So I guess it depends on where you take it.

The car, including adjustments is warrantied for 3yrs/36,000. It covers defects, failures, adjustments and most wear items (except tires). The only exclusions are components that are damaged by outside influence such as an accident, abuse or modification.

If your dealer is not honoring the warranty call SOA and let them know.

The question is why is the part broken? Hagarr's problems don't seem like they were caused by abuse or neglect. I've seen things covered that offended me greatly. I'd expect these to be covered. Of course, the writers where I work don't work at your local Subaru store, but I don't think you'll have any problem.

Keep in mind that it could turn out to be abuse. They could get inside the door and see the original owner's sorry excuse for a speaker installation. Something like that happens and it's not only not covered, you owe them for the time they've got into it even if you don't want to pay to have a new window regulator installed. Even the service writer can't truly tell you that something is covered until his tech has looked at it. Odds are that nothing evil happened to your car, just a couple of parts that didn't last. It's probably covered. Don't come across as one of those assholes demanding to be told that something is covered before they even look at it. You'll get stonewalled in a heartbeat. I've walked away from and hung up on those guys because they're just trying to be able to point to someone who said it was covered.

Fat Charlie:

Nah, that's not the kind of guy I am. Not interested in burning bridges...I am careful to come across as a fun, respectful and knowledgeable individual. Being a butthole only makes people not want to help you.

Thanks

Brian

I have the same issue with my driver's side window. I had the dealer look at it while fairly new and they just sprayed lubricant down inside the door (and all over my interior). Obviously didn't fix the issue...

So instead of making a stink, 20k miles later I am still dealing with it until I have an excuse to remove the door panel myself to get a better look at it.

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

I am about in the same boat...

Broken trunk floor pull (the part that hangs on the trunk edge to hold the floor hatch up.)

missing floor hook for floor mats. I HATE that the mats keep creeping up under the clutch. Pain in the NECK while I am trying to drive.

There is a hum when the key is on, but the engine is not... TSB for fuel pressure regulator or some-such part...

Clutch is vague, sometimes stinks and slips just a tad after egagement when I am driving a bit agressively. Clutch may be covered, but I am wary about replacing it with another OE clutch of potentially questionable quality, rather than a hopefully known-good aftermarket product.

All should be covered, but I am not sure how much I should really worry about it, and the dealer in my area tends to hem and haw about whether it would be covered or not... and I am not sure if they would do the work well, and I would have to leave my car in another city for at least a day or a few... inconvenience of commuting without it, and then we've heard of problems with techs abusing these cars...

I can get the carpet hook, the trunk floor issue is not a big deal... I am not sure about the TSB humming issue, and the clutch can probably be replaced later with better parts, albeit at a cost...

I dunno... I am still debating.

Are scratches on the interior ala around the shifter covered? Drives me nuts to have a nice car that is all scratched up on the inside.

I may be taking the dash apart over X-mas for the great rattle hunt and killing. I hate to paint the interior parts due to it definately won't match and probably look worse!

Are scratches on the interior ala around the shifter covered? Drives me nuts to have a nice car that is all scratched up on the inside.

My guess is this would be normal wear and tear.

It would be one thing if the paint was flaking off or something, but another if its just scratched from day to day use.

Hagarr- we're talking about different kinds of assholes here. You're talking about a normal asshole. I'm saying that service people can't stand people whose focus is whether or not it's covered.

The service writer would actually prefer that everything is covered. He doesn't care who pays for the fix, and a customer that doesn't have to pay is a happy customer who's coming back again and a gain. The writer wants to work with you. He wants to have a customer who loves his car, wants to take care of it and thinks that this dealership is the best place to do that. He doesn't want to see someone who only comes in for warranty work and insists on being told that his problems are covered before the car is even seen. Coming in for work that turns out to be warranty is an entirely different thing- you can still be that ideal customer who loves his car and wants it done right.

Doing your homework here is great. The more you know before you show up at the garage, the better. It's just important to remember that what we as customers see as important can be what sours the writer to us, no matter how reasonable our concerns are.

I don't see how you all have so many issues with dealers. We have only had issues with one of the five we have dealt with. One of the dealres, Shingle SPrings Subaru, is awesome. They are in California adn I will still probably get my next Subaru from them even if it cost me a little more.

They send me parts in Germany and they cover the shipping. THey are great to work with.

Archived