LegacyGT.com

Warranty

BigT

Hi guys,

I'm very excited to be taking possession of a 2013 WRX sedan at the end of the month. I know they will put me through the typical dealer bs ($999 interior protection etc.)

I am interested in an extended warranty (gold, not classic). Does anyone know good pricing on the options? 5/6/7 year 100k mileage.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

T

FYI... you don't need to buy the Gold plan at inception.. You can buy it any time before the end of the original warranty. You can also shop around for the plan.

Awesome! This is super helpful. I'll will definitely be shopping around.

If you live in an area that has several(or just more than one) Subaru dealers, use getting what you want for the best price as a determining factor for which dealer you could to do business with.

Living in the Columbus Ohio area, we have two dealers within 20 miles of each other.

I gave them both a chance at my business, and luckily for me, the closer dealer gave me the better deal.

2013 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited/Loaded, I paid $1000 for a 7/100 Subaru Gold Plan with a $100 deductible. I also got the car for 3% under invoice, minus an additional $500, and 0.9% APR for 72 months.

If you live in an area that has several(or just more than one) Subaru dealers, use getting what you want for the best price as a determining factor for which dealer you could to do business with.

Living in the Columbus Ohio area, we have two dealers within 20 miles of each other.

I gave them both a chance at my business, and luckily for me, the closer dealer gave me the better deal.

2013 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited/Loaded, I paid $1000 for a 7/100 Subaru Gold Plan with a $100 deductible. I also got the car for 3% under invoice, minus an additional $500, and 0.9% APR for 72 months.

Holy smokes! That's a damn good deal. I'm somewhat limited in that I am looking for a WRX limited Sedan (not many in my area).

Although, I've already negotiated the price of the car and the options. I got it for just under invoice. I'm hoping to work out financing and warranty when I finalize everything at the end of the month. I'll show up with financing from my local bank ahead of time, but hopefully I'll get a good deal (I have tier 1 credit).

Gold package for $1000 7/100K sounds pretty good IIRC.

Bought a 2011 WRX and got suckered into the "Gold" plan. Removed it within a year. Waste of money and a ploy to generate revenue.

Don't buy it.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that. I had it on my LGT and it paid for itself 3 times over. If you have a single engine issue, this will save you money.

Blow a gasket or something of similar magnitude and you will pay through the nose before it's all said and done between parts and labor. Or, you could pay $100 deductible, and get it covered with a free rental car.

If you want to debate the merits of Gold vs. Classic, you may have a point.

• 2 weeks later...
my friend used to be the F&I guy for a dealership--he's the guy you don't want to see at the final phase of your new car purchase and sells you all the add-ons. extended warranties are extremely profitable for dealers often costing them no more than 200 or 300 depending. either way, they are good investments. but you can wait to just prior to the orig. manufacturer warranty wears out--this is wise, because some people may not keep the car for whatever reason, also why add that to the price you finance? it's far wiser to buy it apart interest free. that's my 2 cents.

You are 1000000% correct on this one. Everything you said is spot on. If you can afford it wait till your out of your bumper to bumper if your car is known to eat sensors or your powertrain.

When I bought my 03 4runner I had a 100k warranty because I knew they were known for calipers. I went thru 3 calipers before 100k. 1 of those calipers cost me as much as the warranty. So I saved about 5-600$ but then again. I also have a 2010 prius and I didn't get an extended warranty with that because Ive seen them come into my shop with over 100k with no problems at all

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

my friend used to be the F&I guy for a dealership--he's the guy you don't want to see at the final phase of your new car purchase and sells you all the add-ons. extended warranties are extremely profitable for dealers often costing them no more than 200 or 300 depending. either way, they are good investments. but you can wait to just prior to the orig. manufacturer warranty wears out--this is wise, because some people may not keep the car for whatever reason, also why add that to the price you finance? it's far wiser to buy it apart interest free. that's my 2 cents.

I agree with everything you say, except in my case where there was almost no interest charge(0.9% for 72mos). In my case, it was smarter financially to buy and roll into financing.

Archived