LegacyGT.com

Car sounds like it has no exhaust and CC blinking

I was under full boost on uphill onramp and i thought my transmission exploded. Turned the radio down and realized it sounds more like the exhaust is gone. I blew an uppipe gasket on my old WRX and it sounds a lot like that, maybe worse. Also, cruise light is blink and no CELs.

Searched and searched and I can't find anything here that is similar. Lots of headaches and $$$ with the 4 months I've owned this car.

Any ideas? Maybe a step-by-step list that I should check? I limped it home 2 miles and car ran fine, but did I mention it's LOUD. Help!

Very good news after my initial panic. The O2 sensor popped out of my manifold. What would be the easiest way to fix this? Doesn't look like it will just press in.

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u528/Chance_Noffsinger/IMG_3954_zps8fbfe72b.jpg

Agreed. I am just going to order a new sensor for $130. Guessing it was cross threaded and was like this when I bought it a few months ago. It also might be the culprit for the small exhaust leak I have been hearing.

^my guess someone that worked on it before you bought it, left it loose and it finally worked its way out. definatly dont put that back, you will damage the threads in manifold

Already took it off the car.

Can anyone verify that the correct part # for 05 LGT is 22641AA32A? If so, looks like local dealer has it for about $150ish.

You may want to call around to the local auto parts stores. The prices very by some can get you one in a few hours.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived