LegacyGT.com

Still a bit of a dodgy LV

ssbtech

New valves, refinished heads and still...

:spin:

I'm getting frustrated. Adding to the frustration is a laptop battery that doesn't want to last any more than 20 minutes and the nearest on-ramp to pull a log is about 5 minutes further away.

What should I be logging around town to get to the bottom of this?

Thanks.

1716023613_LVFeb1.jpg.fc77e6b1c9a9e46f72bdc74144122129.jpg

What are you worried about, that low load knock? Is it lowering your IAM or something? Doesn't seem that significant to me. If you want to see if it's real knock or fake knock, pull timing in those areas and see if it still develops FLKC.

the +/-5% is acceptable for your A-B range, but not your D range. it would be better to be .5% +/-. Your short band afr is only good to about 60 g/s. after that you need a wide band to read beyond 60 g/s. So in reality, you're over 4% lean up to about 60 g/s. Who knows where you are at WOT. Just giving you a heads up.

It will also be good to get it tuned. Now that your up pipe is catless, your turbo is going to be spoiling a bit easier. Get the most out of it by getting a stage 1 tune

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Your dealer isn't going to do jack, even if you show them this. And honestly, I probably wouldn't either.

Asking for a D correction range of 0.5% like 311logan311 wants isn't impossible, but it's difficult. Corrections will fluctuate with temperatures somewhat as well.

The ranges are there for a reason and what TonyRas suggested about tuners effectively disabling range D is not something I'd suggest. He's also not correct about D range being estimated from C range. D range is done in the small gap from 40g/s upwards of about 55-60g/s when it switches to Open Loop.

The AFR trims are there as much for safety as fuel economy. If you have a fueling issue that causes you to run rich or lean, D range can learn between about 40g/s-60g/s before it switches to Open Loop and starts blindly fueling based on your Primary Open Loop Fueling table.

If you disable range D by increasing it to 80g/s, any fueling problems with your car will never get compensated for during WOT.

He'll say, "It's nothing that concerning and the numbers are within tolerances."

Your knock is in the low load / low RPM area. If you want to do something about it, you need to log and capture the event where the knock occurred. It could even be completely false knock due to a rattle or something loose.

It's good that you don't have any knock at the high load / high RPM range.

A positive fuel trim in A can indicate a very slight vacuum leak, so as they said, it's worth looking into.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived