LegacyGT.com

Thinking about going back to stock...

So I've only owed the LGT for about 3 years and I've got her at Stage with Catless up and catted DP with 3" catback and TONS of other stuff, but in that time I've also blown the turbo and now am starting to throw cylinder misfire code and approaching 100k meaning I'm also due to spend money on timing belts and brakes. I'm concerned that I'm now going to looking at a burnt valve vs just a fuel injector.

Therefore, I'm leaning on going back to stock to trade her in. Just a few simple questions.

I threw away my factory mufflers and Y pipe, but have factory DP. If I put factory DP in, I should be able to just use a 3" adapter in reverse to connect it, right?

I'm going to take out Aftermarket intake, DP, and Intercooler. Leaving in Catless up (which I was smart and did the resistor fix at install), lightened crank pulley and aftermarket exhaust.

I should be able to put factory tune on this car with no ill effects, correct? Sorry if it sounds dumb but it's been almost 2 years since I did the work on the car.

Why did you replace the intake at stage 2? My guess is that's what fried your internals with some knock. To answer your ? If your exhaust is 3" you will need the 2.5-3" adapter for the stock downpipe. The rest you should be able to put back to stock and reflash the stock map with no ill affect.

I know for my wrx, when I changed up my cat back (it was tuned with a 3 inch DP but stock cat back) my tuner said I didn't have to change my tune at all.

So I'm pretty sure you're fine with stock tune as long as you have the stock dp. Subaru dealerships don't do anything special (tuning wise) when they put on your SPT catback, for example.

How about just finding a stock catback locally? http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-ny-stock-exhaust-188821.html

It might be easier in the long run if you do decide to sell/trade in.

Archived