LegacyGT.com

JDM Bilstein VS. UDSM +Pinks

Red98GT

Hey. I have seen all the posts regarding each individual setup, however was wondering what you all would say comparing the two of these. Hopefully, EVERYTHING will be taken into consideration ie.. price, avail., ease of installation.. Thanks! Bill

Your comparing two different parts, the JDM Bilstein's are struts, the STi pinks are springs. Some people are using the STi pinks on the USDM Struts, some people are using the complete JDM Spec-B setup (Bilstein struts and Spec-B springs), some people are using the Bilstein struts with USDM springs, and some (like me) plan on using the Bilstein Struts with the STi pink springs.... So I'm not sure exactly what you want compared...:D

[quote name='Opie']Your comparing two different parts, the JDM Bilstein's are struts, the STi pinks are springs. Some people are using the STi pinks on the USDM Struts, some people are using the complete JDM Spec-B setup (Bilstein struts and Spec-B springs), some people are using the Bilstein struts with USDM springs, and some (like me) plan on using the Bilstein Struts with the STi pink springs.... So I'm not sure exactly what you want compared...:D[/QUOTE] suspension vs suspension. Getting STI springs as *A LOT* cheaper than getting a JDM Bilstein suspension.

What we know so far is that the JDM Spec B setup (nicd ran it) is very firm, and lowers the car almost an inch. nicd seemed to be going through phases, from this is great, to boy, this sure is hard, to I don't know about this. There haven't been any updates, but last anyone saw, he was planning to pull it off the car for the winter. The STi pink springs on the stock USDM struts, from the reports, has stock-like ride quality, but improved handling. We'll know more as more people perform this mod. A JDM Bilstein setup seems to be running about $700 to someone's door, vs. about $420 door-to-door for the STi pink springs. The greater unknown is Spec B Bilstein vs. GT Bilstein. To my knowledge, noobdy has run the GT Bilstein stuff yet, just the Spec B. Kevin

Well, if anybody with a USDM Legacy GT on stock suspension is in Las Vegas, just let me know, I will be there from tuesday through friday morning - a test drive would give me a starting point on comparing a JDM rev. A GT and Spec B, Rev. B Spec B and GT on Swift springs vs. a USDM model. :D Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

Sorry, I guess I made an assumption in my title. I can see how you thought I was just referring to the springs. What I meant was essentially what Kevin answered. The JDM Bilstein / Spec B Combo vs. USDM Struts / STi Pinks. Basically I am attempting to get some sort of idea as to how they both will perform and feel. Up here in Toronto, there are currently few 05's... Much less will be modded anytime soon.. On my BD, I have the KYB AGX/ Eibach combo and was quite pleased. There were times when I was told it was too stiff (too bad she is not into cars AT ALL).. I liked the ability to play with the adjustibility, however would be quite pleased to, as Ronco would say, Set it and forget it.. The main benefit of the pinks seems to be the cost when compared to other offerings. Also it has been mentioned that dealers might be stocking them.. BTW.. anyone have a PN? Essentially, what I am looking for is something that would not be too rough for her, not cost an arm and a leg.. remember.. USD > CAD. And something that would be fun to drive, almost gokart-esque. Thanks!!! Bill [quote name='Opie']Your comparing two different parts, the JDM Bilstein's are struts, the STi pinks are springs. Some people are using the STi pinks on the USDM Struts, some people are using the complete JDM Spec-B setup (Bilstein struts and Spec-B springs), some people are using the Bilstein struts with USDM springs, and some (like me) plan on using the Bilstein Struts with the STi pink springs.... So I'm not sure exactly what you want compared...:D[/QUOTE]

The Spec B trim is hard especially here in Montreal, you better have some forged wheels and some 45 profiles. All kidding aside form apure preformance point of view it is a great set-up, froma a dailly driver it get rough unless you have smooth roads a la California. The shocks from the spec b are what is really special I think that the fianl setup will be with either swift springs or perhaps STIs. I do not think that the keeping the USDM springs with the Bilsien shocks will really work but since I have not tired any of these it is still pure speculation.

Archived