LegacyGT.com

Airbag light solid

Hmm, sounds like a fault in an airbag system, bad sensor or unit. your SRS system is not really something you should poke around in yourself. normally I would be the last person to say take it somewhere as i believe in DIY, but in this case, it is just a bit too important and if you accidentally trigger an airbag it is much more expensive than taking it to a tech.

• I Donated
Baddog: you can usually borrow a code reader at auto zone or pep boys, then get your deposit back.

Not for airbag codes you can't

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

seat belts work great all alone. i myself had my old car with the airbag light on all the time. didnt care

I can understand that you don't care about your life and your friends with you in the car.

But I do care.

Now, now BadDog don't lose your composure. Just chill out. It's all about the experience and knowing what to do in a situation when something goes on your car. Most of the population go an entire lifetime not knowing squat about any of the cars that they own. You know about 95% of your car and love it. Chin up and push forward.

welcome to ownership of a 15 year old car. you either make payments on a new car, or throw money into fixing an old one, they get you either way.

It's suppose to have less problems then it does now. MUCH less.

have you read the codes yet??

there is a plug under the dash, a 6 pin connector with only 3 or 4 pins in it, near the steering column, matbe just to the right. ground out one of the pins, 2 single wire grounding pins are provided in the connector harness, and it will flash the air bag code. it you get the wrong pin, TCS or ABS just try another one. i think the car has to be ''key on'' engine off.

lots of used air bags in the salvage yards.

have you read the codes yet??

there is a plug under the dash, a 6 pin connector with only 3 or 4 pins in it, near the steering column, matbe just to the right. ground out one of the pins, 2 single wire grounding pins are provided in the connector harness, and it will flash the air bag code. it you get the wrong pin, TCS or ABS just try another one. i think the car has to be ''key on'' engine off.

lots of used air bags in the salvage yards.

Where in the FSM does it explain how to do this?

And will do Frogg.

• 4 weeks later...

while searching for something else,i found more info on reading ABScodes. the procedure is the same for airbagcodes, or so i here, and TCUcodes (transcodes). apparently you have to keep your foot OFF of the brake pedal. see below:

With the engine not running, insert a ground wire into the correct pin position (I'll get to that in a moment). Turn the ignition switch to "ON" -- dont start the engine, and don't step on the brake pedal. Codes are flashed in "longs" and "shorts". The first code should be "11" (one long, then one short), then any trouble codes (for example, two longs, then three shorts would be "23").

As to which pin to use:

Usually for ABS it's #6. However, there's one place in the '95 factory service manual that mentions pin #4 -- but that pin is shown on the wiring diagram to be for TCS (not ABS) diagnostics. I suppose you could try it if #6 doesn't work.

The pin numbering of the connector is as follows:

1-----2

3 4 5 6

tags: readingabscodes, readingairbagcodes, sixpinconnector, readingtcucodes, tcucodes.

• 2 years later...

Archived