LegacyGT.com

Lao's Stage 2- Nameless DP / Racer X / CryoTune review

Finally got the parts installed and car dyno'd.

2012 Legacy 2.5GT with ~49K miles.

Denver metro area, ~5300ft altitude.

Accessport V3, Nameless DP (group buy), used Racer X TMIC, charge pipe kit with Turbosmart BOV. Stock cat-back.

CryoTuned on a Superflow Dyno

314.2 WTQ - 259.7 WHP - 17.8 max boost.

Cryotune- Dave was super cool, explained a lot, answered my questions and did a terrific job. Highly recommend him for Subaru's in Colorado. Cost included a smoke test, luckily no leaks so I did a good job installing.

Nameless Downpipe-

Group buy version. I was one of the last to ship so it had the 3rd O2 bung. Did the FlLegacy hammer mod to prevent the wastegate from hitting the piping (JIC)

Fitment is okay...OEM bolt to secure DP mid way back didn't line up. Had to trim a part of aluminum heat shield to allow one of the O2 sensors to clear. 3rd O2 bung is basically useless because there's no space to install wide band O2.

Grimmspeed 3" to 2.5" adapter with gaskets/ OEM donut worked nicely. However, Grimmspeed sent me the wrong turbo gasket so I had to reuse the OEM one. The PN I ordered is 28001; http://www.grimmspeed.com/grimmspeed-turbo-to-downpipe-gasket-wrx-sti-lgt-fxt/ and based on their site, this is the right one for our cars but doesn't fit, gonna see about returning.

I warned Dave that many were seeing boost spikes with the Nameless DP. Not once during the dyno did Dave indicate any boost spike. I'm just under / at 18PSI and we didn't see any creep. Will monitor but I think I'm good.

Being at 5300ft and OEM cat-back I think alleviated any boost-creep.

Racer X TMIC, Charge pipe w/ Turbosmart BOV-

Purchased used from a member here earlier this year. Came with throttle body coupler but brand unknown. Didn't have any difficulty installing this as much as others reported. Didn't line up perfectly but I was able to squeeze it in. Didn't have to remove the radiator fan or P/S pump. Was able to get the OEM tubing out no problem. I used 1" tall rubber bushings on both sides of IC where it bolts down, didn't see anything rubbing. Would like to use the OEM cover, Racer X says it fits but holes don't line up, will check this weekend. Overall fitment is meh...works but could've been designed for fitment better IMO.

Spent 5 hours total to install everything. The hardest part was removing the OEM downpipe. I stripped two bolts from the removal, such a PITA. DP and Racer X install is pretty easy, I'd rate a 2.8 difficulty on a scale of 1-5.

Car feels and pulls good, definitely much better than the OTS stage 1 map. I'm content for now and have to remind myself why I bought this car in the first place...Got two young ones so it's my rendition of a cookie cutter family sedan.

IMG_2153.thumb.jpg.e92563aeaa6b8cb3f9f73c5ef188ac04.jpg

IMG_2139.thumb.jpg.ceb007275fad9173c355f219658e5bd0.jpg

IMG_2140.thumb.jpg.822ddde6ae8111e2242757de3245cf6b.jpg

IMG_2141.thumb.jpg.840764a2b993a9229e001b6c7142d70a.jpg

IMG_2144.thumb.jpg.e04e3ed59fbe8a8642f80137587f0c43.jpg

IMG_2146.thumb.jpg.af57b859e1df27ccc93417ea7a97b3cc.jpg

IMG_2137.thumb.jpg.1a48f187cf1b0d5b7cd84d1aa2261011.jpg

Nice, hopefully the creep/over boost doesn't show up. As for that gasket, it is clearly for a 4th gen hence the "wrx/sti/lgt/fxt" in the link. I'm sure they will take it back no problem but I'm not familiar with GS's return policy so there may be a restock fee. Probably get more of your money back selling it in the classifieds.

Thanks guys. Temp was around 50, cool Colorado autumn morning. Grimmspeeds product description indicates gasket is for all 93-2013 Subaru turbo applications. Good to know it's for 4th gen LGT figment but I'm gonna email them on Monday.

It's actually for all turbo subarus other than ours and the 2015+ wrx.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

It was a pleasure working with your vehicle yesterday. We calibrated a 4th gen with an STI TMIC, turbo back and a VF39 later that day and on gas it was at 268whp and 298tq for reference.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

It's been a while since I even looked at that page for our DP gasket admittedly, and that is clearly a mistake for the applications. Get in contact with us and we'll take it back as it was our fault.

I'm currently in contact with Matt to fix that web page too. Very sorry about that, and we'll get it fixed so it doesnt happen again!

Chase

Engineering

Archived