LegacyGT.com

Anyone ever had rolled fenders fixed?

So I f'd up my fenders rolling them. Now I need to get them fixed. Anyone ever had to do this? I'm tossing around my options. Buy new front fenders and have them painted plus body work on the rears. Probably really expensive. Or paintless dent repair. Not sure if paintless dent repair could fix it or not. Any suggestions? :confused:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zjAW0w_iGAo/UQzm572-VTI/AAAAAAAAIus/lDM8H1MH8Mw/s1600/tommy-boy.gif

This was my wife when I came in from working on it tonight with the oh shit look :lol:

Gonna stop at a couple places tomorrow and see what can be done.

So there's one guy in town that does PDR for all the shops. He's leaving for several weeks to Kentucky because of some hail storm so fail for getting any sort of qoute or an even can do anything. The body shops said they wouldn't touch it as far as trying to manipulate it. They figured the risk of it getting worse would be too high without actually doing full on body work and paint. Obviously that would be way to much money. SO, I decided to drink some beers on no sleep and have another go at it lol. So far I've done the rears and actual made quite an improvement. Not perfect obviously but, something I'm happy enough with that I can live with it. Now on to the fronts. I may actually make a new bracket for the fender roller so I can kind of reverse roll it, if that makes any sense. Pictures to come....

I've got no other real option at this point. I don't live in an area where there is a multitude of services. I grew up watching my dad do things that made me cringe while he was doing it only to have it turn out great. I guess if I'd be at a point for new fenders and major body work, might as well give it my best shot and at worst end up in the same boat. I just wish I had more tools at my disposal.

You should post some pictures, but a good PDR guy would be your best bet. I don't get why you would roll, the best way is to use a small hammer. Fenders go completely flat and no wrinkle effect. Rear can only be cut, if you try to roll the rears you gonna have a bad time.

I jumped the gun when I did it. I was doing it to be on the safe side (so I thought) so I wouldn't have rubbing issues. Once I had another car that I put wheels on and drove 100 yards down the road and had the fender slash a tire. I should have checked fitment first and this was my first time rolling. It has not been a good time. However, the rears ended up working out the best. I've got it all done for now. Drivers fender is definitely gonna need work by the PDR guy. I still need to make a new attachment for my roller to go the opposite way to see if I can work some more out of the fronts. Pics soon after I get everything cleaned up.

After pics. All fenders but drivers look much better. Drivers fender still needs a lot of work. Passenger needs a little. Drivers was the one I messed with yesterday and totally messed up.

rsz_20160520_140502.thumb.jpg.95b69c2519d6b9dc9d0aee77e83ba5db.jpg

rsz_20160520_140443.thumb.jpg.6b332fd3b1330afeb177cc7c4cf6337a.jpg

rsz_20160520_135938.thumb.jpg.f4feae9f5a05ff93248d6b29648fd99c.jpg

rsz_20160520_135918.thumb.jpg.abcfc3f9062657f4c86bbfce69e8974d.jpg

rsz_20160520_131624.thumb.jpg.6bd1e242161c5a7ce620bc6cdd6ea400.jpg

rsz_20160520_134924.thumb.jpg.a66ea1efbc7f0b8ed9740a4d6c62975e.jpg

rsz_20160520_123033.thumb.jpg.d3c313d4138a9ee31d9e78ec7fda34f7.jpg

rsz_20160520_114551.thumb.jpg.5333395b88eab333b943522a8ff306ff.jpg

As you can see the drivers side before was the best one and now in the after it's the worst one. I think with some more work and the PDR guy, I'll be able to straighten it and the passenger one out. I'm going to bed. Up for 24hrs and feeling it. :eek::eek:

The thought had crossed my mind. Although adding those would create a whole other set of problems. Maybe if they had an actual kit for the legacy I'd consider it. It'd end up being cheaper to have the fenders fixed and painted. I'm gonna try one more thing as soon as time permits. If that doesn't work, I'll be taking it to the body shop.

Personally, I would buy a new set of front fenders and chalk it up as an expensive learning lesson.

Btw Does your user name mean that you have a history of fails or does it mean something else?

Do you have a rubber mallet, heat gun and a 2x4? Liberal heat and a soft touch, small taps and you can smooth that overpull

Just hold the 2x4 behind the fender while you tap against it so it doesn't bend back in

Archived