LegacyGT.com

Do you want to see some real performance with an LGT?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are ridiculously brutal. Do none of yall have after market wheels? If so, your odometer is off by a certain percent also. I've seen people get different sized tires for faster accel or more gearing at during AutoX's too.

Bottom line: 33.5mpg is pretty impressive. I'd never run my car that low though.

^ c'mon. We all know that the read out is dead-on-balls accurate. I doubled the size of my injectors and now I'm running over 40 mpg in the city. That's pretty good increase just changing one thing.

False. You drive an automatic.

;)

Yep. That auto beat every EVO and STi and was 2nd only to a highly modified Porsche 911 turbo.

Back on topic for the Performance/dyno numbers/track times thread and see some more performance from the 30+mpg GT. :confused:

Time for tank #2. 470.5 miles on the clock, the oversize tires stretch that 486.497. Yes, it's silly to go to the thousandths place but I let those numbers ride and do any rounding at the end. 15.015 gallons makes it 32.4 mpg for the tank. Not as good as the last one, but there was a big traffic tie up on Monday and it's been raining like crazy here lately.

BDII- The mpg readout is really accurate. Back in 05 I checked it against pump receipts for a while until I decided I was just wasting my time. Last year when I started working on mileage it recalibrated itself to cover the higher numbers I was getting and now it moves in increments of 0.3 mpg. It makes a great guide but to calculate for real, especially with a different tire size, you have to use the pump numbers.

doccrowley- Mileage isn't about going slow. My grandmother could never have gotten these numbers out of a car- of course, she could shift her own gears...

LAGT- I can pull over 500 miles out of my tank. What can you do?

planelazy- Fuel economy is performance. It isn't performance that you can buy and pay someone to install for you; it's performance that depends on the driver and requires an attention span longer than 1/4 mile. You're completely right that nobody buys these cars for the mileage and I didn't either, but I've been doing the same commute since before I bought this car and trying to shave time just isn't all that rewarding. This is entertaining as hell.

7June12.thumb.jpg.89162455b22dd52522b075c9d2120b1e.jpg

7June12-A.thumb.jpg.107dfaa16411e755889e765623a96c57.jpg

planelazy- Fuel economy is performance. It isn't performance that you can buy and pay someone to install for you; it's performance that depends on the driver and requires an attention span longer than 1/4 mile.

"I live my life a full tank at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their BS. For those 500 miles or less, I’m free."

Tits mcgee

Archived