LegacyGT.com

Modded and tuned 05 LGT wagon...

leakysieve

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-nh-2005-grp-legacy-gt-limited-wagon-5m-modded-173769.html

I'm sure some of you guys have seen this. I should be hearing from my bank tomorrow about financing. I'm not new to Subaru's. Ive had a 98 LGT wagon and an 04 WRX wagon. Neither were heavily modded, but not stock either. My dad has had a long line of them, his latest is a 07 SpecB. I've built about a dozen or so motors, mostly of the air cooled boxer variety, so I know my way around the garage. I NEVER take my car to a mechanic for anything.

Anyway, what do you guys think of this build? Don't really know the tuner, I'm on the wrong coast. This will be my daily driver. I'm after the holy grail of reliable power, and reasonable MPGs. I get 20 city now, don't wanna go much under that. The only thing that really stands out is the stock clutch, might as well add a new clutch to the budget;) Is there anything that jumps out as a possible problem? How reliable should this build be? I'm unfamiliar with many of these mods. I'll be buying this sight unseen which is a little scary to me. If all goes well, It should be an awesome ride! Had me sights on one of these since I sold my first one. Basically, what am I getting myself into here!?

Thanks, Dylan

Looking at that listing it looks like lots of engine work, but no real suspension work. at that mileage (and given the engine upgrades it has probably been ridden fairly "aggressively" ) I would expect that you would need new bushings all around and certainly new struts. Does he have any records on the transmission and diff fluid history? I would be very careful about any components without history behind them.

I must be missing something when people talk about these cars needing suspension, (struts). I'm at 147,000 miles and still think the car handles well and rides nice. I have replaced the front bushings in mine that's all.

IMO that a sweet ride for the price.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived