LegacyGT.com

painting interior plastics, some advice please

bradze

i bought an outback with a tan interior because i had to have the azurite blue exterior, plus the particular one i got was a better deal, but the tan didn't bother me at first. i grew to hate it so much. i put in black seatcovers and a center console cover but now i want to paint the remaining panels that are tan and make them black. i believe there is some kind of paint that is supposed to adhere to plastics or something like that. anyone have any tips?

• 2 weeks later...
decided to put it off til my winter break. will be getting a different style dash kit for my aftermarket stereo. anyone know what paint will match the 4th gen aluminesque plastic crap in the middle? also what paint will match the black?

i cruised alot of forums and decided it should loook pretty good. it looks brown for some reason in alot of the ebay pics but its really a light silver.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/BlueBatmobile2005/The%20Blue%20Batmobile/IMG-20120302-00855.jpg

SEM make s plastic paint its unreal ... works amazing .. they make alot of stuff .. its top of the line stuff used by int shops , body shops ... think u can get it at a body supply shop or car paint supply shop... i did my old center console in my bmw... works great lasted 2 yrs and still wasnt blemished when i sold it ..

always heard good things about SEM. what black is the best match of the top dash. ill do that vinyl wrap around the radio later, that 3m brushed titanium looks great. for now i want to order paint for the tan plastics that i wanna make black. also, whats a good recommendation for fabric and leather paint to match the black?

• 2 months later...

Archived