LegacyGT.com

Brighter driving lights?

driving

As it says, I don't want to use the HID's all day long but want some form of DRL's. I know we have dual filament bulbs and there is a low watt and high watt setting. My question is... Is there a relay or bulb that I could switch to that would make the high watt side light all the time and only blink on and off instead if a high low switch? (Brighter) Also i found some LED 5/6 Watt Cree SMD bulbs that i figure could work but, I am unsure if a factory a relay/ Flasher would put this bulb in the high and low setting...

Im talking about using turnsignal bulbs as driving lights. i have HID's in the low beam spot. The turn signal bulbs are two filaments and it doesnt matter what way you stick them in. If you bend the contact to opposite sides you get the 27watts on all the time and no blink for turn signal anymore.... so thinking of these.. anybody used these leds?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261115375495?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

You're really not going to get much difference from putting the more powerful turn signal bulbs in the socket. Good driving lights are about the beam pattern which is typically controlled by the housing itself, unless you switch to Projectors.

And about the only way you would make it better with more powerful bulbs would be to get better versions of the appropriate bulb - this way t least the increased light is directed off the reflectors properly......

Thread title is misleading. Should have said you want brighter daytime running lights (DRL). I have no idea what the wiring scheme looks like, but I would think to get the brighter filament to constantly light cut the low filament power and splice into the high filament power. I have no idea if this would cause your turn signals to become always-on and non-functional, but it could work.

You'd also have to keep your headlights turned on 1 click or use the switch on top of the steering column to get them to power on while driving unless you wanted to back trace the wiring from the headlights to the DRL module under the dashboard and connect your turn signal to that.

Sorry for the confusion. you are correct DRL would have been better. I have the leds coming in the mail. Which Flasher do i use? CF13JL-02 or The CF 18? i eventually want to convert tail light bulbs to LED as well.

So I installed the LED's they are quite bright. But the parking light portion does not work. Blew fuse 14 twice so I popped a 20 amp fuse and didn't pop.but still doesn't work. Even the headlight indicator on dash isn't working anymore. Any ideas what could be doing this?

20130510_193728.thumb.jpg.e53b1518f6435a5dbecbc77e14dcc0ec.jpg

Archived