LegacyGT.com

Water leaking and electrical problems

So today i decided on a whim to remove the carpet in the back drivers seat area of my 06 LGT to attempt to troubleshoot the powerseat issue ive been having(they dont work). low and behold i stick my hand under the carpet to find POOLS of water buildnig up. which would account for why my TPMS harness is shorting out (i know remove it) and why my seats probabloy dont work. ive ready on many places that the AC drain line gets backed up. but seeing as the ac hasnt beeen run in months, im really doubting this,. this appeared to be dirty water probably taken on from snow. im also hearing about a drain plug on the floor pan. has anyone else had a problem with this or do you know where the plug is?

• 1 month later...

UPDATE. upon tearing into the car some more i found the source of most of my electrical problems and my water leakage problem.

open the drivers side door. look along the pillar for a hole punched into it. this runs down the pillar on the inside, i my self removed the grommet foolishly and ran 4awg wire through it for my audio system, after i pulled back my carpet i poured water down the pillar and saw a small amount of water on the floor. currently i have a half ass fix of a small strip of duct tape over it to deflect the water until i can remove the fender and silicone around it.

hope this helps with everyone elses problems

• 5 weeks later...

Archived