LegacyGT.com

Installed new Megan Racing Exhaust - pics attached

HollywoodGT

I installed a new catback exhaust from Megan Racing on my '05 LGT this past weekend. The parts all fit perfectly making for a fairly easy-to-do modification and the quality of the parts are great (not to mention the price!)

The sound is definitely a plus - a really nice louder rumble to the engine, but not to the point where it will annoy you or anyone around you after a while!

LegacyBack.JPG.2729c1c8b1446275288a917eece730d7.JPG

LegacyBackAngle.JPG.ede7cfe5b199b44636db24b4b88db582.JPG

MeganExhaustLeft.JPG.df03da28f4d3985026418251cd782a02.JPG

MeganExhaustRight.JPG.95dcaa3df7ae529abb00c037ced1d072.JPG

MeganExhaustMid.JPG.790370b52cb3d2c6e738bbad49e5d43a.JPG

nice. so your resonator piece doesn't rub the heat shield? damn, i gotta play with mine and adjust it until it doesn't rub.

taking a closer look at your last pic, is your flex section towards the front or rear of your car. looks like rear.

attachment.php?attachmentid=33324&d=1173121209

upon closer inspection, maybe not...nvrmind

nice. so your resonator piece doesn't rub the heat shield? damn, i gotta play with mine and adjust it until it doesn't rub.

taking a closer look at your last pic, is your flex section towards the front or rear of your car. looks like rear.

attachment.php?attachmentid=33324&d=1173121209

upon closer inspection, maybe not...nvrmind

The flex section (which I assume is the area with the springs) is towards the front. That was the only area that was a little bit difficult to get into place, not from a fitting standpoint, but to get the springs compacted to the point where everything could be bolted together.

Looks nice. How did you get your car on those front ramps? I have the same ones and my bumper hits it.

All I did was use a piece of wood (either a 2x4 or maybe something a little bit thicker/wider) to put on each ramp to make a gentle slope to drive up on.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks very nice, I have the Stromung twin tip on mine and love it. I also have the STI up-pipe and cobb downpipe and it gives a very nice sound. Do you autocross at any of the area autocrosses? I am usually the only Legacy Gt at any of the autocrosses that I go to. I am in Matthews.

I havent done any type of autocross in the past - where do they hold them around here? I like that Stromung setup that you have, I had looked at that in the past and it does look/sound really good. At $625 shipped for the Megan catback, I ended up going with that tho! I'm waiting on the Megan Racing downpipe, then I'm going to install that and the uppipe at the same time.

I havent done any type of autocross in the past - where do they hold them around here? I like that Stromung setup that you have, I had looked at that in the past and it does look/sound really good. At $625 shipped for the Megan catback, I ended up going with that tho! I'm waiting on the Megan Racing downpipe, then I'm going to install that and the uppipe at the same time.
Sounds like a great plan. There are plenty of autocrosses in the area. You need to check out the Nasioc board, it is used a lot more than this one. There are very active clubs all over the state, Tarheel in your area, Triad in W salem, NCR in Wilmington, CCr here which covers Charlotte and a large area. Check out our site at www.CCRSCCA.com Any questions let me know, I am the Solo chairman of CCR. You ned to autocross it, so much fun!!! Dave

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Dave, thanks for the info - I checked out the site and it looks pretty interesting. I have no previous experience doing any of that stuff (autocross, racing, etc), is there a good way to begin in terms of starting out?
Just find one and go to it. There will be some subie drivers to help you out. We have one at Kershas tomorrow and one in Charlotte next Sunday, April 15th. They are a lot of fun. Let me know if you are interested and I can give you some details Dave

Archived