LegacyGT.com

trunk release not working?

07spec

Maybe we had another thread about this and I missed it?

Anyway, I know it sounds silly, but my trunk release has starting acting up.

I pull the lever on the floor repeatedly to open the truck, walk back there to open it, and it’s still locked.

It's an 07 SpecB.

The only way I can open my truck is by pushing the button on the remote fob, WHILE physically pulling the truck up. Only way.

Almost like the connection from the lever on the driver’s side floor to the actual trunk release is broken?

Anyone have an idea? Thanks...

Are you sure it's locked or just stuck? The seal on mine is always really sticky, and even when I pull the release, it doesn't open, I have to grab it and pull up with a decent amount of force to get it to go.

I always attributed it to heat + black car, it seems like the weather seal around the trunk actually melts to some extent and nearly glues the thing shut. Good for keeping water out I guess, but it does take some effort to get it open.

Mine also does the same thing, I attributed it to the springs (mine are missing the clip in the middle so I didn't know if that was why or not) Look at your dash when you pull the release lever and see if the trunk lights up then goes out right away, that way at least you know the release is working!

Sometimes when i pull the lever it will "stick" and remain "up" after I've pulled it. I have to push the lever back down to the floor. It does open the trunk, but the cable is clearly snagging on something.
lol

• 3 years later...
Sometimes when i pull the lever it will "stick" and remain "up" after I've pulled it. I have to push the lever back down to the floor. It does open the trunk, but the cable is clearly snagging on something.

Bumping a 3 years old thread

I've got the same problem then described above. Anyone have any clue what the problem could be? Couldn't find anyone else with this problem after searching.

• 1 month later...

Archived