LegacyGT.com

FMS catback fitment?

Kevin622

this exhaust along with many other of the similarly priced systems are very poorly made. a good dual exit exhaust will cost over $1,200. quality isn't cheap.

an exhaust shop is your best bet.

Same issue that mine has. I will take it to a muffler shop soon to see if they can straighten out these issues. Mine was a nightmare to install that muffler to get on the car.

Yeah my father and I were under there it was a pain you can see in my pictures how its pulling on the rubber from the hanger. I know someone that tig welds so I may see what he can do for me. I want it to not stick out as much either.

• 1 month later...
well just wanted to update, we put the car up on the lift dropped the mid pipe down cut 1 1/4 inches off the end of the mid pipe and no more problems hangers fit nice everything sits even in the rear. And the pipe doesn't hit the sway bar anymore.

Any photos?

I have yet to go to a shop to have it looked at. Kills me it's like that.

Not yet I will get some tho. And luckily my father has a garage with the lifts it helps, but it wasn't very hard.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/ehhockeystar44/LegacyGT/c3218784-6499-4e5e-8a5a-2f3cbed4883d_zps3051a54c.jpg

The red arrow is pointing to the mid pipe its the pipe that connects to down pipe with the flange on one side. The other side is the side that slips into the y pipe. You cut that side so it pulls it back a little bit. Don't cut the Y pipe or else you wont be able to put your exhaust back together.

I got mine fixed today! Tried to cut with with a pipe cutter though could not be touched with the stainless. Looked again and just appears that the slip joints were definitely not opened up enough. Took them to an exhaust shop they put them on a bender and opened them up. Took it home and everything fits perfectly now. Most of the time it took me to fix was trying to get the cutter to work but failed.

If anyone purchases this exhaust make sure everything will slip together before putting it up and save yourself a ton of frustration. So glad I'm back in business.

Archived