LegacyGT.com

3.0R suspension upgrades

TweeterDan

I've searched a good bit and haven't been able to find a ton of responses. I'm new to both my Legacy 3.0r and to modifying cars. I love my car but I do wish that it felt a little more stable when taking higher speed turns. From what I've read it sounds like sway bars are a good start for me. My question is this: Will sway bars built for a LGT fit my 3.0r? What about other suspension mods? In one post I read, someone mentioned that my car might be to heavy for pinks but there's only about a 50 pound difference between the 3.0r and the LGT according to the subaru website. Thoughts?

STi makes pinks for the 3.0R. I'm not sure if the 3.0R FSB is different from the LGT FSB, but it might be given the fact that the 2.5i uses a different FSB. There are a ton of RSBs that should fit the 3.0R without any issues. An AVO or JDM LGT RSB would be a good complement to the USDM FSB.

All suspension mods that fit the LGT will fit your 3.0R EXCEPT the front sway bar. This is because you do not have a front turbo crossmember. Your car is only 15lbs. more than the Spec.B and 55lbs. more than an auto LGT so I think the spring rates aren't that big of a deal since your car isn't much heavier.

• 3 months later...
get ion :)

I got mine from Jack @ Ion Performance and they perform great.

And yeah ... fsb for lgt dont fit us. i learned the hard way

OK....what did you add and how did it change the handling AND ride? I'm looking at adding AVO adjustable endlinks to take out that little bit of body roll we all have (I can't say I'm a high speed cornering guy anymore, but 60 in a 30 is not an uncommon speed!). Did you add both front and rear?

I don't even know what size the sway bars are on the 3.0r....

Front anti sway still waiting for options, but cusco makes a nice rear one paired with their endlinks i am happy. Spec-B Pinks go nicely with the bilsteins, but are a little too soft for my taste, but i don't drive the car much, and the wife HATES coilovers, and we have the 2nd worst roads in the nation, so I'd say avoid coilovers on all except a track car. I on the other hand have retardedly stiff spring rates on my daily driver/track car, so I don't mind.

Good luck, and happy modding.

OK....what did you add and how did it change the handling AND ride? I'm looking at adding AVO adjustable endlinks to take out that little bit of body roll we all have (I can't say I'm a high speed cornering guy anymore, but 60 in a 30 is not an uncommon speed!). Did you add both front and rear?

I don't even know what size the sway bars are on the 3.0r....

I got Cusco Rear Sway & the 3.0R Specific Ion Springs.

Ride is a harsher ... bumps & potholes & uneven pavement i can feel. Adding just the rear sway ... well at first it was a bit scary w/the oversteer (think mild go cart) but now i'm used to it and i love it.

There's an exit that does a "S" curve off the freeway that says take it at 35mph, being stock i could take it ~ 45mph no problem. Anything faster than that ... and yeah i was a lil bit afraid. After sway/ion & new tires (good year F1) i'm able to take it 65mph. Havent tried anything faster... as that's just crazy.

I got Cusco Rear Sway & the 3.0R Specific Ion Springs.

....After sway/ion & new tires (good year F1) i'm able to take it 65mph. Havent tried anything faster... as that's just crazy.

You got the front coilovers?

How do you like the F1's? Did you see a big drop in MPG? I noticed the Bridgestones are pretty light (not to mention REALLY soft....treadwear rating is HALF that of the F1's) which should help it get better mileage, if you live long enough to actually calculate it that is. For the life of me, I can't figure out why Subaru hasn't gone away from the Potenza on the sedans.:confused:

Cheers all!

Archived