LegacyGT.com

My car hates my savings account.

Why don't you just sell it then? No offense but that list of issues is weak compared to what alot of guys Here have gone through. If sympathy is what you are looking for I'd say you came to the wrong place :lol:

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Since I bought my 06 lgt in April I've had to replace a turbo inlet, pcv hose, maf sensor, valve cover gaskets(my fault with uppipe install) and the radiator :/

Small potatoes, kiddo.

These cars require a solid financial investment upfront, and then it kinda levels off.

I owned my LGT for a little over 1 year, and about 20k miles, from ~125k to 145k. It had been recently rebuilt due to head gasket failure, clutch was fairly new, and the car was in excellent cosmetic shape.

In the time I owned it, I experienced the following:

Torn vacuum line coming off the wastegate actuator=overboost. Torn front left CV boot. Torn turbo inlet. Failing fuel pump couldn't keep up at high RPM/load, causing knock. Power steering pump died. Cylinder 2 coilpack failed. Cracked radiator. Seized rear toe adjustments (a more thorough prepurchase inspection probably would've found that, to be fair).

I think that's it.

Fortunately I make enough money (and didn't have anything too serious, like a turbo failure) so I was able to pay for things as they failed, and didn't have to dip into my savings.

It didn't burn any oil though, so that was nice, and when it was running well it ran like a champ.

I sold my Miata and traded in the Legacy to get into an Acura TL. Stress levels have decreased immensely. I also have more free time now that I'm not constantly diagnosing/fixing problems.

The LGT is a cool car, very unique blend of sportiness, great looks, and creature comforts. I took a gamble on a higher mileage one, and it didn't work out.

Live and learn.

Spend money on one of these cars....no way... LOL.

OP, I bought may wagon new in late Jun 04, I have paid for it at least twice now. You can't even begin to compete with some of us.

Oh yea, BTW, the wagon is a blast to drive. Well worth it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Rad, timing belt, clutch and flywheel, bushings, wheel bearings, intercooler, turbo inlet, bilstein struts etc...most of those ive upgraded instead of using oem.

Went stage 2 to get better fuel economy

Archived