LegacyGT.com

smoking like a chimney right after oil change, PLEASE HELP

So i have an 06 gt, was away working and hadnt driven the car in a while, turns out my family has while i was gone and went way over the change oil milage by about 2000 miles, i run castrol 5w-30 syn. I get in the car and start and it throws a p0021 and a p0011 code. I check the oil and its just at the low mark. reading what i saw online i limped the car to the shop and changed the oil/filter. I also cleaned both ocv. Started the car, it cleared itself of the code and ran great, took it for a 100 mile ride and was fine. I go to work in the morning and the car is puffing smoke like crazy as soon as it warms up, I check the oil and its on the low mark! Just in a 120 miles of driving! The car has never smoked and didnt smoke at all when it threw the check engine code it happened right after i changed the oil. The only thing i did different was that i used 10w-30 because it was the only oil i had. I cleaned the pcv valve, i have full boast, no turbo whine and full power, it just smokes like crazy!! i hope someone can give me a clue, could the oil be burning because of the grade i used? please any advice would be great

Did the old oil filter o-ring stick to the block?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Where is it smoking from?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Indeed, those codes are telling you that your Turbo about ready to go. You may be losing oil within the turbo housing. Pull the DP off and inspect the exhaust side of the turbo, if you see fresh oil, then you know it's turbo related.
My wife's balls are delicious.

its coming from the exhaust, and bellowing like a freight train, but only once the motor warms up, i had to drive the car over a hundred miles back to my shop before i could "try to fix it" and it didnt smoke at all, only after i did the oil change, i have no turbo whine or noise and still get peak boast of 16+, still have all my power but it literly ate a quart of oil in 180 miles but the check engine lights never came back on and it run completely smooth

Ok hears my dilemma, There’s isn’t any reason I can think of that would cause smoke to come from the exhaust after an oil change or an oil change would cause. Maybe smoke from the hood or from under the car. The car still make good power, motor isn’t blown. Turbo is boosting, still could be the turbo. Smoke from the exhaust, head gasket or turbo. Take a look at the color and smell of the smoke. White smoke, sweet smell = head gasket. Blue smoke, burning rubber harsh smell = turbo. My money is still on the turbo… how many miles are on the car ?

its blue smoke, def oil without a doubt, i have 105k on it i have to do a timing belt anyway, im leaning towards turbo to, i removed the intercooler and its completely dry on the inlet side of the intake manifold, the smoke is purely coming from the exhaust no where else, so im thinking seal on the exhaust side, i just thought it so weird it ' only' smoked after the oil change, never before, even when the check engine light was on before, not a whiff of smoke

Archived