LegacyGT.com

Sway bar clanking

jimmy x

Just installed my cusco rear sway bar with new cusco endlinks and a SPT Ver.1 CBE. Now I get this clanking sound in the rear. Sounds like the exhaust is hitting the sway bar. Any help would be great.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok I finally figured out what happen with the sway bar. The cusco endlinks went bad or was bad to start with. The rubber linings wore out or something, there is a gap bettween the ball and the housing. Not sure why, but looks like Sh*T! But replace them with perrin ones. And now the sound is GONE!

05212009221.thumb.jpg.004a5df4ef4e2ab060677ade81c76195.jpg

05212009222.thumb.jpg.1e8520ad5ad645d3413d572a320a6b43.jpg

hmm.... i just got the same sound today out of nowhere... after having my cusco's installed for a couple of months now. it's only coming from what seems like the front driver's side. local mechanic thinks it's the endlinks as well.

looks like it's time to order some new ones.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

• 1 month later...
Anyone know if the KB Els are longer than stockers. I have clunking (with Cobb sways) Tech thinks that the stockers not providing enough clearence. replaced stock ELs but may upgrade to KB.
Rehab is for quitters.

Ok I finally figured out what happen with the sway bar. The cusco endlinks went bad or was bad to start with. The rubber linings wore out or something, there is a gap bettween the ball and the housing. Not sure why, but looks like Sh*T! But replace them with perrin ones. And now the sound is GONE!

Good luck with the Perrins, they'll hold for about 2 years.:rolleyes: Mine did. Same exact scenario as with your Cusco ELs, the rubber linings went *poof*. Maybe I'll just buy them again and consider them "consumable-items";) and just replace em every 2 yrs.

lizard

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Okay, I think I'm going with the Whitelines- FredBean's has them..

"Whiteline spherical bearing endlinks feature anodized aluminum turn-buckles and fully adjustable stainless steel rod-ends, allowing you to custom tune your suspension setup to maximize handling performance. Each Whiteline endlink kit for the Subaru Legacy GT includes a high tensile hardware replacements, rubberized dust boots for added bearing protection and easy to follow, application specific installation instructions; all features that many competitors cut to save time and production costs. Just one more reason why you can only expect the best in suspension performance from the experts at Whiteline. "

WHITE.jpg.ebe27b15a81ef03a740ab6e900e5495e.jpg

Yeah they are.

The perrins are holding up so far.:lol:

:lol:

Just ordered the Whitelines with the "booties" from ImportImage, great deal and they're on their way!:D Stockers will go back into "parts-chest" hibernation.

Archived