LegacyGT.com

Centric brake pads

stanjk3

Has anyone tried them? Did a search but only found info on their rotors, nothing about their brake pads.

Saw them at FBP, they have ceramic, posi-quiet and premium. All are inexpensive, compared to Hawk HPS or Stoptech.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

No, they're not. Centric is the parent company of stoptech and they have a number of different pads.

104, 105, 106 prefix pads area all centric posi-quiet. some are ceramic and some are semi-metallic. 306 is their new fleet pad that is probably a pretty similar compound to the stoptech street performance pads which are prefix 309.

The stoptechs are good and cheap, just go with those. My full brake setup of new stoptech pads and centric rotors was only like $250 or something.

I have the Stoptech's on now and the performance is pretty good. The downside is the brakedust is rediculous.

I have Stoptech in the front and Carbotech in the rear. My car usually looks like I have gunmetal rims in the front and silver in the rear. Rather annoying.

I'm running their performance pads... not much difference to me, although I don't drive the car hard much anymore. (In comparison to hawk hps pads) Although my hawks used to squeak once in a while, these have never. I also upgraded to bigger drilled/slotted rotors so that probably helped a lot more by having more meat on the rotors. I don't notice the dust at all since I have black wheels :) Which is why I have black wheels or gunmetal, I don't wash my car much...

I'm running slotted rotors and my wheels are always a mess. A car wash lasts 2 days before the front wheels change color.

I had other ceramic pads with no brake dust but the performance didn't compare to the Stoptechs. It's a love hate relationship.

Archived